Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: He bluffs a lot, and thinks I do too.

[ QUOTE ]
River responses are along the same lines as my thinking. In the actual hand, I bet, he mucked, indicating bare Queens. I started thinking that I might have let him bluff at it instead, which is why I posted the hand. Checking makes me the minimum if he does happen to have a hand, which really ought to be the case.

I'm surprised nobody likes the Fourth street raise. It seemed obvious to me at the time. If I'm not going to raise there, I think I ought to be folding Third.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 4th st raise, for all the reasons that you reasoned, but once you make that play I think it tells you how to play the river. You have smacked the puppy on those nose with a newspaper on 4th st and he took it. He didn't fold when you paired your K either, so looks like he is resigned to drawing. He'd have to be an uber maniac to bluff the river here, so I like the lead bet and hope he made Qs up or better yet a gutshot.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: He bluffs a lot, and thinks I do too.

I like your thought process and actions based on your description. You regularaly show a solid understanding of the game that not a lot of others show.

On 7th I prefer to bet river and hope to get it to 3bets. I don't think that inducing a bluff would work often enough. No way do I let him check behind.