Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 05:34 AM

Default Re: catching perfect and folding

[ QUOTE ]
just a side question: what do you do if you actually had the 4 flush on 4th?

[/ QUOTE ]
For a start, I just call on third, and since I'm not drawing as thin, I try to make the flush cheaply, and I'll value bet or raise if I get there. The upside is bigger with that hand since I'm not dominated like I am when I have smaller trips.

Also, with a flush draw, I don't need to call the river unimproved, so I also lose less when I am beat.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:46 PM

Good lay down I think. If he was willing to re-raise on 3rd, he had split queens, unless he was really loose. If a solid player was in his shoes, I'd muck.

Also, I would have came out swinging on 4th. No free cards!!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 AM

hey i get to be the odd man out. how can you possibly lay this hand down. you are getting odds to call down based on the fact he is aggressive. you might even be the favorite here if he plays well. although at 5 10 not many players will push alot of the hands i throw in the mix.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 AM

I definetly bet out on 4th given that I caught a suited card.

Yes this may kill your action if you catch a 3rd heart. But if you let 4th get checked through your action might still die if you catch a 3rd heart...so I bet under cover of "flush draw"
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I disagree with everyone here.

Your raise on 3rd should be standard, as he could really easily steal here with anything, looking at a doubly dead ace and two deuces to act. This is further backed up by your description of villain, even though or perhaps because he sounds decent. Now when he comes back over you, it usually means he actually has a hand, probably queens, even given your dead door. I'd still continue because your hand is concealed, he could be getting a little overly busty with a slightly weaker hand, and the pot is now big enough that I want to see 5th at least.

4th I probably play fast because he won't believe you and I play a lot of flushed doorcards fast. You don't want a heart to come and kill your action here, but just calling doesn't really prevent that.

On 5th, given his reraise on 3rd you have to give him credit for trip queens most of the time. The question is what is your equity vs. that hand, and how does it compare to your pot odds?

Given your dead cards, looks like you are pretty close to a 4-1 dog. Assuming you'll want to call the river just in case, your corrected odds to see showdown are 8-3, so even given some uncertainty that he actually has the trips I think 5th is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a very good post

(I 100% agree with your 4th street thoughts...posted about them before I read your post)