Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Default One of those Support Email threads (cakepoker)

So I finally earned enough gold chips to get me an 80GB Ipod. I think it was 1400 gold chips which appoximated to about 75K-100K hands of 1/2NL.

I had ordered one of the 2GB ones previously and got it about 3 weeks later. It was brand new and worked fine, i was perfectly happy with the process.

Well my order for the 80gig was made at the end of august. The other day i realized that it had been about 6 weeks on my order and i had recieved nothing other than the original email saying that had recieved my order.

Time to sacrifice lamb, email support, and hope for the best:

Their original email:

Thank you for your Cake Shop order!

Your order summary appears below. We will contact you again when your order has been processed. Please insure that this E-mail is added to your Safe Sender list for future E-mails.

------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Apple 80 GB Ipod
Cake Slices Used: 1400
Shipping: Free

My first checkup email:
Dear Cake Poker,

It has been a very long time since i placed this order and have yet to recieve the product. Can you please check on the status of my order.

thanks

Their reply:
Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your email to our Tournament department who will be in contact. However I would ask you to bear in mind that due to the nature of the inquiries they deal with our Tournament department’s response may not be as quick as our front line support. Thanks in advance for your patience.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Kind Regards,
Sean
CakePoker Support

so i sent this:
Dear CakePoker Support:

You just took the time to tell me that you fowarded my email to your slowest department? This is after i have already waited for six weeks for my order?

Oh yeah, by the way, my email had absolutely nothing to do with tournaments. So why are you fowarding it to your tournament department.

Please just quit giving me the run around and just send me my product.

Thanks

Now this beauty:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. Apologies again for the delay in recieving your T-Shirt and for the error in my previous reply, our CakeShop team is awaiting delivery of stock for the size of t-shirt order and your item will be dispatched as soon as the stock arrives. Apologies again for the continued delay and thanks in advance for your patience.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Sean

CakePoker Support

so i sent this one:
Dear CakePoker Support,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm sure that the T-shirts that you offer are fantastic and very comfortable. I may even consider ordering one in the future. The order in question (The one that i have waited over 6 weeks for) is for an 80 GB Apple Ipod.

I'm sure you understand that this item has a far greater value than a T-shirt. I would be very upset if i were sent a T-shirt rather than the 80GB Ipod that i ordered.

Thanks for your time in sorting this out.

----------------------------------------------

In Sean's defense his replys have been prompt, some of them only taking a few minutes. So as far as dealing with a custumer support team I'm not doing too bad. Sure pretty much every email has been incorrect, but i've been getting the incorrect info very quickly. I guess its like getting AA all in against AK and splitting the pot. Its better than losing, right?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: One of those Support Email threads (cakepoker)

it's cake poker. you don't play on a ghetto site like cake unless you are willing to put up with crap like this. you are just lucky their support isn't as bad as their software! if there was any site that feels like its operating out of someone's basement by a couple of teenagers, it's cake.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: One of those Support Email threads (cakepoker)

Hello XXXXX,

Our Cake Support team passed on your details to me regarding your previous CakeShop orders. I’m hoping to clear them up as I understand you’re still awaiting your recent 80GB Ipod purchase – which is of course, way past the due date!

I have just checked with our supply team and it appears that the Ipod experienced a delay due to a processing error on our side. I’ve just reordered the Ipod (80gb black) and its on its way using expedited delivery, due to arrive October 11th.

Again, I thank you for all your patience as I see a string of emails from us that directed you through many different routes! In most cases, all CakeShop orders will arrive within 10 business days. We’re also reloading the Shop in the next week so you should find new gear, new tech gadgets are more in the Shop with better service in the very near future.

Should you have any further questions regarding the CakeShop or this purchase in particular, please do not hesitate to reach me directly at CakeShop@cakepoker.com.

Best Regards,

Lara

CakeShop Manager
------------------------------------------------------

Well i gotta admit that i'm pretty happy about this quick response.

I swear there is some sort of magic in making a thread in the zoo. everytime i post a problem about a site here it seems to clear up quickly.