Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: My Kitten Needs Your Help (Litter Box)

[ QUOTE ]
I glad you and your kitten are doing better. You should NEVER hit a cat, especially a kitten. They have very fragile bones and are easy to injure. They used to recommend the spray bottle, but now say that if you have to use it you should not hit the cat directly, just spray near the cat. The most important thing is that you and your cat bond now. He is probably frightened, remembered, it is like you were taken away from your parents at two and a half and then somebody started smacking you. Buy a book or look online for information if you have never had a cat. If you keep him in a smaller room at first you will limit your potential problem. I would strongly suggest you not have him be an outdoor cat, they are much more vunverable to health problems and bad habits, and he certainly cannot go out until he is full grown and can defend himself from other cats.

However, generally, if you cannot be sure you will be able to committ to care for this cat, which means dealing with whatever problem he develops, you would be much kinder to bring him to ASPCA now, while he is still a kitten. He will definitely be adopted to a good home as a kitten. However, if you wait and find as a full grown cat that he is shredding the furniture, or spraying to mark his territory, and you give him up you may be condemning him to death. I don't want to be heavy with you, it just seems you may not have thought this out, and being a pet owner means having to spend to train and correct bad habits, as well as spending enough time with him to bond well enough to prevent bad habits from forming. This is not an instant thing, and will not be. It is a smaller version of having a kid. Think about whether you actually want to do this. Maybe you just want fish.

If you decide to keep him and have questions you need to ask a person go ahead a PM me. I have had three cats. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least i found the FEMA hippy.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:37 PM

At my local pet shop I buy a SPRAY that makes everything smell great for cats. I spray my litter box whenever I clean it up.

It's like a cat magnet.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:25 PM

OP, I've had some luck training cats with the aid of a paintball marker.

Also, remember to spray or nuder your pet.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, remember to spray or nuder your pet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, be sure to spray or nuder. God I miss Bob Barker already.