Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Default Tough kicker Hand. Or not?

I don't think a hand history matters here. 5 handed, I open UTG/hijack w/KQo, get 3 bet by cutoff, button calls, maniac SB calls.

Flop K103, suits unimportant. SB leads, I call, 3 better folds, button raises. Earlier he CC'd an EP raise w/AK in position(not sure what position though). SB calls, I call. 2 on turn, check check bet, blank on river and same betting pattern.

The button, from previous hands, was not tricky at all, and pretty predictable postflop. Preflop I think he would call 3 bets w/Kqs and Kqo, maybe/maybe not, I'm leaning towards maybe not, KJo, but I think he'd call KJs and maybe K10s. Ako obv since he CC'd it earlier is a real possibility.

Given this range(I highly doubt he'd raise the flop there with any other holding), can you find a fold? AK we are way behind, and the time times we beat KJ, we're crushed by AK anyway, and we split with KQo. Opinions on this hand?

Well, there is already the built up pot that we'd be losing if we assume we are good 50% of the time...although I'm not sure I am close or not in this analysis....
Old 09-05-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Tough kicker Hand. Or not?

This hand is a bit confusing. You say CO 3-bet PF, and then you say 3-bettor folded the flop, and CO raised (button, maybe)? Also was the flop rainbow or two-tone?

Regardless of the answers to these questions, I definitely think you should raise the flop. Whether you have the best hand now or not, this is a huge pot, and there are plenty of hands, that you really want to fold. Also just because the button coldcalled 3 with AK earlier, it doesn't necessarily mean, that he has a big hand now.

As the hand played out, I would never even consider folding barring some superread.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is a bit confusing. You say CO 3-bet PF, and then you say 3-bettor folded the flop, and CO raised (button, maybe)? Also was the flop rainbow or two-tone?

Sorry. You're right. Edited. I agree that I probably should have raised the flop. The 3 better I was scared of though....I have played a decent amount of hands with him and he almost never 3 bets pf, but mostly CCs. Maybe this is still a leak on my part(checking to the 3 bettor multiways?).
Old 09-05-2006, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the answers to these questions, I definitely think you should raise the flop. Whether you have the best hand now or not, this is a huge pot, and there are plenty of hands, that you really want to fold. Also just because the button coldcalled 3 with AK earlier, it doesn't necessarily mean, that he has a big hand now.

As the hand played out, I would never even consider folding barring some superread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think you out thought yourself on this one. You're going to be good here plenty and you need to apply pressure in this big pot to get folds or make them pay to play.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:31 PM

bet flop plz, kk thanks