Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 05:22 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Whaddya mean check?!?!

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Whaddya mean check?!?!

I'm sorry as this doesn't apply to your question, but were you waiting for a "safe" turn card? Which turn cards, if any, would you not raise after planning on raising the turn?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:44 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Mostly my plan was getting more money in a pot i expected to win. I was probalby raising everything but a 7.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:37 AM

I like the turn raise - a raised flop would have scared the bb into checking most turns and given any draw odds to call. raising the turn gave the sb bad odds. I bet/fold this river. Unless they're extremely passive, the CO is on a busted draw and the bb has a 7 or a 5, where the 7 might c/r the river.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:24 PM

snap. I'm guessing "unknowns?" At 10/20 I think you have to bet/call this because the pot is big. I have "c/r toooo much syndrome" and I donk this river with a s7ven
Old 09-05-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

what hand do you expect to call your river "value-bet"?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:52 PM

a 5 or an ace calls always
Old 09-06-2006, 01:35 AM

unless you have reason to think otherwise (ie, he's super-passive) CO would have found a raise on the flop or turn with a 7. BB's flop donk certainly could be, but also could be a flush draw or A-hi or a 5 or PP. Also, BB *should* bet the river if he has a 7 b/c c/r'ing faces the 3rd player with 2c and rarely nets him any extra bets at the risk of it checking behind.

Meh, all that said, I'd bet it, unless CO was passivish postflop or BB was overly tricky. As others have noted A-hi, 5s, and PPs call all day. Sometimes you get calls from horrible stuff like KJ, and you need to give them a chance to make that mistake.

Surf