Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 09:21 PM

Default 25NL Blind Play, TP on Flop

I have a problem on hands I hit top pair with limpers preflop when I am a blind. I am unsure how to handle multiple players to act without a real feeling on their hands.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+2: $24.90
MP1: $11.90
MP2: $19.70
CO: $11.15
BTN: $36.10
Hero (SB): $24.25
BB: $41.45
UTG: $9.80
UTG+1: $24.65

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)

Hero...?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Blind Play, TP on Flop

c/f what do you see?
Old 11-22-2007, 09:30 PM

these spots vary for me. most of the time I lead the flop since its so drawy and there are only 2 limpers. it's important not to fall in love with your hand thought since there is a chance someone hit this flop harder than you.

in a situation where there are 3 or more limpers a lot of the time I check to see what the rest of the action will look like, then make a decision when it gets back to me. for example, if its 5 ways to the flop, I check TP and it gets around to last position who bets this is obv a great spot for a c/r. again, it's important not to fall in love with your hand if you get static. remember it's a limped pot and you have minimal investment oop. fwiw.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these spots vary for me. most of the time I lead the flop since its so drawy and there are only 2 limpers. it's important not to fall in love with your hand thought since there is a chance someone hit this flop harder than you.

in a situation where there are 3 or more limpers a lot of the time I check to see what the rest of the action will look like, then make a decision when it gets back to me. for example, if its 5 ways to the flop, I check TP and it gets around to last position who bets this is obv a great spot for a c/r. again, it's important not to fall in love with your hand if you get static. remember it's a limped pot and you have minimal investment oop. fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 11-22-2007, 11:34 PM

Just don't stack off in limped pots with anything less than a solid 2 pair LDO
Old 11-23-2007, 12:28 AM

I almost always check it, thats not the type of flop you wanna see with Q-10

I check it, and hopefully nobody bets so I can improve on the turn...if its a brick I sometimes bet. Always fold to hard aggression on the flop turn and river, of course, unless IM sure I have the best hand(which is hardly ever that I am sure in these situations, so when in doubt fold). I may be losing some value but I highly doubt it.

I think check-raise is horrible here because your putting a large portion of your stack with just top pair and you probably have little fold equity...You have a horrible reverse implied odds hand.

My goal here: Keep the pot as small as possible(even if it means check-call turn) and hopefully you will win it by the river.