Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: N 82\'s IP finding for AP situation

[ QUOTE ]

so, do we know that the file with the HHs and hole cards is accurate and genuine? Sounds like that is the question that needs to be answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my [censored] god. the stupidity/lazyness of you people absolutely astonishes me.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we're saying 2 different things. Are you saying that the hole cards were not in the original file at all? If that is the case, I agree, it would be useful to know where that info came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy asked if it was possible that Marco had faked the file. "Faking the file" to me would obviously include adding the hole cards, because that's what the entire scandal here is about. Without hole cards, the ip's, emails, etc. really mean nothing.

My point was that it's pretty obvious that this isn't something that Marco made up.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, do we know that the file with the HHs and hole cards is accurate and genuine? Sounds like that is the question that needs to be answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, unless someone took the time to go through and add hole cards to a 60,000+ line Excel file, it's genuine.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I misunderstood your point.

[ QUOTE ]
oh my [censored] god. the stupidity/lazyness of you people absolutely astonishes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is my question stupid or has it already been answered? Sorry,I don't have the time to dig through 8 threads with thousands of replies.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Does Marco have the original e-mail from AP with the attachment stored somewhere? I imagine it might be helpful to have it around, just in case, as I imagine AP is scrubbing its database as we speak. Who knows, maybe one day someone with power might be interested in this scam, and would need that file for data forensics purposes.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 PM

I imagine a sudden change in the PR and customer support departments at AP.
Releasing that info was the dumbest decision I've heard after Mike Baxter's call with KQ on HSP.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like we're saying 2 different things. Are you saying that the hole cards were not in the original file at all? If that is the case, I agree, it would be useful to know where that info came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy asked if it was possible that Marco had faked the file. "Faking the file" to me would obviously include adding the hole cards, because that's what the entire scandal here is about. Without hole cards, the ip's, emails, etc. really mean nothing.

My point was that it's pretty obvious that this isn't something that Marco made up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, unless someone took the time to go through and add hole cards to a 60,000+ line Excel file, it's genuine.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I misunderstood your point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is my question stupid or has it already been answered? Sorry,I don't have the time to dig through 8 threads with thousands of replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM

It's all about the Indians baby
Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM

But how do we know the file is real?

Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 PM

Anyone in that tourney who saved their hand history (pokertracker) has information Marco should not know, their holecards in hands that did not go to showdown.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 PM

If AP is 100% compromised, from the inside, does this mean UB is also a compromised site?

Can't believe whoever did this was so stupid. He could have made millions without ever being detected if he had half a brain. Makes me paranoid about the integrity of the other sites.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Well this certainly is bad for online poker, looks awful. And I was actually about to set up an account at AP, thank god I read all this first. [censored] those scumbags.
Closed Thread