Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

If the cardplayer article is any indication of how this is going to go down, then we dont win anything.

The article makes it seem like this is similar to the cheating in the WCOOP. There is no mention of high limit players getting refunded for the cash games.

Prepare for all the great guys on 2+2 to be discredited and for AP to admit the minimum that the donkey masses will accept to keep playing on their site.

The cardplayer article is a joke.

This whole thing is a big litmus test. Any company that doesnt keep it real, im not doing business with.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not seen this posted yet. Apologies if it was posted (I can't believe it wouldn't have been picked up on...).

Mark Seif's latest statement.

----------------------

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

10/18/2007 8:54:53 PM EST
My Mood: Chillin...
Personal Statement

Over the past 24-48 hours, I have talked to many friends and colleagues who I trust and respect dearly about the AP situation. I want to thank them for their unwavering support and valuable advice. It's been a difficult time for all involved, myself included. After some personal reflection, I wanted to provide the poker community with a personal statement from me as opposed to my last two blog entries which merely posted AP's official statements.

First, I want to make it clear that I view the allegations that have been brought forth against AP as serious, and if true, very troublesome. I hope the allegations against AP are not true. But, I am not naive nor will I whitewash or ignore any relevant facts or data that bear on the issues at hand.

I want to find out the truth. I want to know what, if anything, may have happened. Since, I first learned about the allegations, I have asked AP's management to thoroughly investigate each and every claim of wrong-doing. They have assured me that will happen.

I am open to the possibility that improper, unethical and perhaps even unqualified cheating may have occurred at AP. I am even open to the possibility that present or former AP employees, or executives may have participated, condoned or were negligent in failing to discover the alleged improper acts.

But, and this is a big BUT, I feel it is imperative that we wait until all the evidence is in before we convict. It's only fair. It's the right thing to do. In my career as an attorney, I witnessed, first hand, many cases of a rush to judgment that ultimately proved to be entirely incorrect and/or mistaken.

Please don't interpret this as defending AP or any person or persons that have may engaged in wrong-doing. I am neither defending nor indicting anyone. I just hope that we can all keep and open mind until all the evidence is in. I honestly believe the truth will come out in the end.

I also honestly believe that AP will do the right thing if improper conduct has, in fact, occurred. I have spoken to AP's management and they have assured me that they want to get to the bottom of this, that they will go public with the findings and that if anyone has been harmed, they will be made whole. I believe them.

Finally, for those that have unnecessarily and unfairly accused me of wrong-doing, I want to go on record and state the following. I have never, ever, not one time, ever, been able to see any hole cards, other than my own, on any poker site I have ever played on nor have I ever had relayed to me in any manner whatsoever other players' hole cards.

With respect to a session I played two years ago heads-up on AP in the 75/150 game, against "stuckinpgh" (I believe that is the name) that has been the subject of some discussion, I won fair and square. I am 99.99% certain that I did NOT fold, when first to act (not facing a bet) on the flop when my opponent claims he flopped a full house. That is complete nonsense and I welcome anyone to try to disprove that. I believe my opponent has recanted his story and I am happy that he was man enough to do that because that is the truth.

I don't normally reply to or acknowledge such ridiculous claims, but in light of the current situation, I wanted to be unambiguously clear that I engaged in no wrong-doing whatsoever. I don't know what else to say other than what I have already said about that incident or the AP situation at this time.

Call me naive, but I think AP and online poker industry as a whole will emerge even better than before as a result of the amazing, dedicated and tireless work of some very intelligent and vigilant players.

Thank you again to all those that have been so supportive. I truly appreciate it.

-- Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

Has stuckinpgh actually recanted his story? I haven't seen evidence of this.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not easy to sort the facts from the speculation in these threads...could someone confirm this:

the current owner of absolute poker was the founder of the kahnawake gaming commission?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the structure was intentionally set up to confuse and inquiry into ownership. That said, on paper (as in officially) the founder of the KGC also founded the MIT where all of the servers are physically located, and is full owner of the company that owns AP.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm starting to think that this whole situation with Absolute Poker has involved more than 15+ dummy accounts...
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has stuckinpgh actually recanted his story? I haven't seen evidence of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call this a recantation:

1. I changed my mind about quitting.
2. I play there every day.
3. I no longer play site owners hu for big stakes.
4. At this point I don't think I was cheated, if I was it probably wasn't the only time playing online.
5. I no longer play site owners hu for big stakes.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...e#Post12106671

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post12506673
Old 10-19-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nat,

Beers/dinner on me whenever in ATL LMK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you might want to do some research before you promise something like this "whenever." Not that it's not a great gesture, just that it could get rather expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) there isnt a restaurant in ATL i cant afford to pay for dinner at comfortably

b) i saide WHENever not WHEREever
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not easy to sort the facts from the speculation in these threads...could someone confirm this:

the current owner of absolute poker was the founder of the kahnawake gaming commission?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like the structure was intentionally set up to confuse and inquiry into ownership. That said, on paper (as in officially) the founder of the KGC also founded the MIT where all of the servers are physically located, and is full owner of the company that owns AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. In this case it's really the mainstream media getting a hold of the story that's driving any kind of confession/contrition. Any relationship between the KGC and AP is obviously completely incestuous.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

a) there isnt a restaurant in ATL i cant afford to pay for dinner at comfortably

b) i saide WHENever not WHEREever

[/ QUOTE ]

you so balla

<---- swoons
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 AM

i just got on and theres 400 new posts. is there any cliff notes like before?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:09 AM

is there a official release from AP yet? i was hoping it would be out by the time i got into work today ..
Closed Thread