Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Countdown to CFA Level I

I have a few questions guys but I didnt want to start a new thread about it.

1) Do any of you have a background in finance/accounting (undergraduate or graduate degree). If not how difficult was it to go through the level 1 material.

2) Are you already employed in the financial services industry. if not what kind of opportunities are there for someone who has no background degree in finance/accounting but has passed level 1 (or say level 2 also) to get an entry level job.
---------
background:
I am planning to take Level 1 in June. But to find out if i could handle the material i ordered a pre CFA Level 1 prep book called CFA Fundamentals (by Schweiser). Just finished the Quantitative section of the book have 3/4 to go till end of the book. So far doesnt seem like something that i couldnt handle.

I am just worried about not having any degree in accounting/finance. I come from enggr./comp science background. trying to learn the basics of accounting from online tutorials, time value of money, basic stuff.