Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: **Official 2007 Washington Redskins thread***

Awesome win for us tonight. This defense is looking legit. Great hit by LaRon Landry on the last play of the game.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM

I am very impressed with JC based on our first 2 games also our makeshift line held it together which made me proud
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Any word on Randy Thomas's torn triceps?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:11 AM

my post from the game thread:

Thoughts on the game:

Really like what ARE is bringing to the table this year. Hes a legit #2 WR now imo. Between him, Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Betts we have some legit weapons to work with on O.

I love Campbell. I love his arm, I love his poise, I love his ability to occasionally run. With that said, he just has to hit Moss when hes wide open like that.

Our o-line is now way banged up. The right side was collapsing on every play...not a good sign.

Our DBs were out of this world tonight. Not only do they cover well, but they were often left one on one and they gave up a catch but instantly made a tackle....really liked to see that, especially from a guy like Taylor who goes for big hits but isn't always fundamental.

Our d-line is just horrid. Thats our one big weakness. I think we should blitz more often and let our DBs earn their paychecks by playing one on one more often....seems like hte only way we can get a pass rush.

Donovan McNabb is simply not a very good QB right now. His WRs also suck. Westbrook is the only positive thing on that offense right now imo and its too easy to just key on him.

Eagles D really isn't that bad at all. Definitley top 15 and maybe higher imo.

Really nice to have a good kicker finally. Suisham(sp?) not only makes them, but he nails them right down the middle. I have a ton of confidence in him right now.

I was really pissed at that overturned fumble call. I don't know how they can overturn it when NONE OF THE REPLAYS SHOWED THE BALL AS HE WAS GOING DOWN(HIS BODY WAS SHIELDING OUR VIEW). How can you possibly have definite evidence of when it started to come loose then?

I hate prevent defense so very much. This game should not have been in so much doubt at the end at all.

Eagles fans are idiots and should NEVER boo McNabb...I think hes earned it. But then again they're idiots...90% of htem at least. Honestly if I was one of the 10% of good fans, I would consider changing teams....just must suck to continually be grouped into such a bunch of idiots.

Dallas at Chicago next week, Washington at home vs Giants....first place anyone?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM

HAIL. My good friend went to a bar called Philly's Favorites in jacksonville, Fla. tonight wearing his Cooley jersey. Go skins
Old 09-18-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any word on Randy Thomas's torn triceps?

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the Washington Post, he's gonna get a MRI exam Tuesday. Other WP articles indicate he feels like he might be done for the year but the MRI will obviously be more conclusive.

Losing a pro bowl caliber guard hurt more than losing Jon Jansen- Todd Wade is an upgrade as a pass-blocker (showed it tonight as well as against the Saints last year versus their very good DE's). Jason Fabini performed admirably, all things considered (had a terrible training camp and I had believed until tonight that Mike Pucillo was the #1 backup). The 'Skins might have to reform to their 2005 ways of keeping an H-back or RB in pass protection, especially versus the blitz.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:04 PM

"F'in A, Cotton, F'in Aaaaaaay"
Old 09-21-2007, 03:19 AM

The Redskins are the only team ranked in the top four in third-down efficiency on both offense and defense -- the offense was well below average and the defense downright awful on third down last year -- performing at levels not achieved since a run to the playoffs in 2005. With 14 games still to be played, much could change, but the early indications are better than anyone could have expected.

Quarterback Jason Campbell, in his first full season as a starter, is the catalyst for the offense, displaying poise and elusiveness against the blitz even on third and long, while defensive players like rookie safety LaRon Landry and first-year starter Rocky McIntosh, and new middle linebacker London Fletcher are making timely contributions on third down.

The result is that the offense is ranked fourth in the NFL on third-down chances and the defense is ranked first with only eight third-down conversions allowed.

The Giants, Sunday's opponents, have allowed opponents to covert on 54.5 percent of their third downs, worst in the NFL this season.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With 14 games still to be played, much could change, but the early indications are better than anyone could have expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm very happy with things so far.

[ QUOTE ]

Quarterback Jason Campbell, in his first full season as a starter, is the catalyst for the offense, displaying poise and elusiveness against the blitz even on third and long...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very impressed with Campbell. That last game in Philly was a good test for our offense and our QB especially. They have a strong secondary, a decent front four, and blitz like crazy.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM

It seems that nobody is picking us to win this week and our defense is getting zero respect b/c we've played "two bad teams."