Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Poor Lavar

I just heard on Sports Radio 980 here in DC that Lavar Arrington has been involved in a serious motorcycle accident on the Capital Beltway. Prince George's County (MD) Police are reporting that he is in serious condition.

article
Old 06-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Poor Lavar

[ QUOTE ]
I just heard on Sports Radio 980 here in DC that Lavar Arrington has been involved in a serious motorcycle accident on the Capital Beltway. Prince George's County (MD) Police are reporting that he is in serious condition.

article

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he was seriously injured but is in stable condition now. I've always been a fan and was sad to see him go down with what very well may have been a career ending injury last year.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:51 PM

these guys are so dumb for riding motorcycles. when are they going to learn
Old 06-18-2007, 03:52 PM

I hope he isn't seriously hurt.

I don't know why people ride motorcycles.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 PM

i'll jump on the bangwagon on having no clue why people ride motercycles...hopefully he's OK though...

i guess it's so popular teams can't put language in the contract about forbidding it...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:11 PM

lol @ the "ohnoez motorcycles!!!11!1" bandwagon again... nobody cries about how athletes shouldn't drive cars when they get into car accidents. Ian Snell just burned his finger cooking chicken, I guess they shouldn't prepare food either!

[censored] happens, people get hurt off the field. Riding a motorcycle isn't like cliff diving on acid or something.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Why dont they put "U ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RIDE A MOTOR POWERED BIKE EVER" clause in their contracts?

He sucked anyways.

It looks as though he broke a bone in his arm and a couple in his leg. All of these injuries are non-life threatening.

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ the "ohnoez motorcycles!!!11!1" bandwagon again... nobody cries about how athletes shouldn't drive cars when they get into car accidents. Ian Snell just burned his finger cooking chicken, I guess they shouldn't prepare food either!

[censored] happens, people get hurt off the field. Riding a motorcycle isn't like cliff diving on acid or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

a trained cliff-diver on acid is probably less dangerous to himself while tripping and jumping off cliffs than an average, sober motorcyclist rolling around in normal traffic. motorcycling is insanely dangerous.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He sucked anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!! He made three Pro Bowls, his first in only his second year in the league.

How was the happy hour? Sucked w/o me didn't it.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a trained cliff-diver on acid is probably less dangerous to himself while tripping and jumping off cliffs than an average, sober motorcyclist rolling around in normal traffic. motorcycling is insanely dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this is an absurd argument on your part. Second of all, so what? Tons and tons of people ride motorcycles, including people with tons of money and no real job, like professional athletes. I just find it funny and dumb how every time some athlete gets hurt we rediscover the statistics for motorcycle crashes... big [censored] deal. It's just as stupid as the talk about requiring ski helmets when some [censored] politico kills himself by acting like a deuchebag.

Let them ride, big deal. If the leagues care enough they may eventually put something in the contracts about it, but until then it's a pointless argument. Driving in a car is dangerous too. Lots of things are dangerous. People are going to get hurt off-field sometimes, even in cabs (Duaner Sanchez for example) when they aren't driving. I fail to see how this warrants some sort of "motorcycle danger awareness" seminar by the sportsmedia and consequently this board.

And FWIW motorcycle crash rates are heavily skewed by the crotch-rocket type of bikes, on which the statistical rate of accident is around 100% over a ten-year span or something, it's quite possible to ride a normal bike safely.