Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: PLO8 what do you do with a mid open-ended straight flush draw?

This looks like a trouble hand to me. So easily dominated in both ways where you are drawing to 2 outs to get only half the pot anyways. I think I would play it safe here and wait for a better spot.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM

Not easily dominated by one hand. You would need to be up against something like AQwx suited in spades to be really in bad shape (or some premium hand like A23J with spades which would have raised preflop). Obviously in a cash game you would ditch this because the reverse implied odds are gross, but in a tournament situation where the pot on the flop is more than a third the size of your stack already I think this is a good spot to blast away.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 PM

The people who are saying this is a horrible hand are nuts...BBart again with his infinite wisdom is correct in every aspect of his post...

In tournament situations you CANNOT wait around for AA23ds, you have to at some point get in there and gamble (within reason)...This is a very reasonable hand to "gamble" with as the bet is coming from late position after the table has checked around, SB has folded and we only need to get through one other player...

And where do you get that he is only drawing to half the pot for 2 outs? How do you know that the LP is not donking it up and betting strong with top two-no low, a set with no low, etc...

I was in the PLO8 $10 with rebuys tourney and had a guy check raise me all-in after I bet out pot on a board of 655, 2 diamonds when I held A874, A sooted...I figured since he limped into the pot the odds of him having a great hand weren't that strong and I went with my read that I had some outs...He turned over AKKT, unsooted and I scooped a huge pot when I made my straight on the river...I was a substantial favorite on that hand when the money went in...Would I play it this way in a cash game? I may or may not depending on my opponent...You can't always be looking for the "monsters under the bed" hands or you'll never win in this game...