Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: 20 min, 350 hands down 7 buyins any questionable plays?

i dont want to go over each hand but u are pushing too hard on the flops without defining villains hands, sometimes wait to see turn card, def unlucky in some of the hands tho
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 PM

I don't really have time to go into all these hands, but you are calling too much OOP. The first and second hands are examples of this. You did manage to flop big on both these hands, but typically these hands play very poorly OOP. If you are going to defend your BB, then do so with a 3 bet, if not, fold.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 we actually have the best hand on the flop. 55/45. I'd have either 3bet or folded PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I was just thinking he needed a heart to scoop the pot. I think he could have pair + FD or straight and flush draws enough to call this. I also forgot looking at the hand that we had 3 King outs to go with the Aces and hearts. Even if villian has top two tho, we have 12 outs twice and with the money in the pot, its a call.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:42 PM

Im i the only one that dislikes AA hand, i mean what actually calls us that we are ahead of?
Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 PM

All the hands look pretty good to me. I really think you played all of them very well (besides bigger pfr as mentioned). In the last hand you might be able to just call or c/c if you are much deeper.

I think c/r is far superior to betting out in hand one. We are able to pick up a ton of cbets and are able to call a 3bet all in on the flop.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im i the only one that dislikes AA hand, i mean what actually calls us that we are ahead of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainly, we are giving 45,78,and spades improper odds with our push. We can definitly be called by TT-KK which we obviously crush or maybe even some 9's. Even if villain 3bets KK-TT half the time and calls the other half preflop, he is still more likely to have KK-TT than 33,66,99 (12-9 combos). Tons of combo draws out there too which we are about even equity with. At first I thought we may be able to get away from this one. Maybe with TT and a good read, but with AA and a billion draws I don't think it's even that close.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the exact same thing.

The KK hand is similar. Your reraise made sure you only get called by better hands while two pair and straights are definitely in villains range.
About the QQ hand: Villain was short. Are you supposed to check/fold an overpair on a ragged board to less than a pot-sized flop bet?
As for the rest of the hands you got your money in while you were ahead. Why are you questioning your play there?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM

I don't defend my blind in hand 1 and 2. The rest are fine.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the rest of the hands you got your money in while you were ahead. Why are you questioning your play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just making sure I wasn't going overbaord with my aggresion

Question for the AA hand: If i am willign to get it all in here, How many prefer calling the flop and pushing a non spade turn?

As for hands 1 & 2 I normally fold these pf but I have been experimenting with making some looser calls out of the blinds.

As for my Check raises. My default play is to check raise the flop HU againt someone who I know will cont bet the flop even when they wiffed.

If they wiff and I bet into them they are folding. If they wiff and I check raise I am at least getting their cont bet.

If they have a low cont bet % or the hand is multiway I am abviously leading the flop.

The QQ ands KK where I 3 bet to $14. Is it a standfard play for most of you to 3 bet higher then that if there is a cold caller?