Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Round Five FINAL Scores

[ QUOTE ]
IMO Number7 is right. You have to bring out the big guns to get to the finals. At that point, you don't have to be faster than the bear any more, just faster than the other player.

And, you're not the only judge Dom. Not every judge is a filmie, so if players want to assume ALL judges will be familiar with a character it does limit the pick pool somewhat.

Anyway, thanks for a fun round. The contest has been a pleasure. Up til now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em. One man's hot is another man's soccer mom.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Judge away, no problem.

The editorializing about how we should have picked could have been kept to yourself.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ann-Margret, Ingrid Bergman, Veronica Lake, Nicole Kidman in Dead Calm or Eyes Wide Shut, Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation,, RACQUEL [censored] WELCH....

Jesus, that's just off the top of my head....as much as I'd like to marry either Elisabeth Shue or Rachel McAdams, THEY DON'T BELONG IN THE FINALS OF A HOTTEST FEMALE CHARACTER OF ALL-TIME contest, dammit.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

okay, I'm better now.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never saw Eyes Wide Shut [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and was Scarlett that hot looking in Lost in Translation?

How about Chip and I both scrap our final pics and try again? I know we could both come up with something that would satisfy your need for a classic film actress. Chip are you game? Let's repost a "Final" selection and try to make it a dead actress this time.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we have no idea what you judges are thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, Number7 speaks the truth.

About the selection of hot girls... With all due respect, it's not as easy as it looks. There were several actresses I wanted to use but couldn't find the right kind of pic of them in a specific movie. I'm pretty bad at finding pics.

I had thought of Kim Basinger but she's a little unstable sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yeah, Rachel McAdams was weak, I totally agree. But she handled herself well in the company of that creepy guy don't you think?

Also, I think the 2nd pic that Chip posted of Elizabeth Shue was ridiculously sexy and I don't say that about many women.

Chip, next contest you and I will be judges, ok? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Katy and Chip need to post THREE different hot characters for the finals...so we can objectively judge their picks...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw this post by Dom. Our House did something similar in his original Hot Guy contest in POG (having the finalists submit 2 different men for the judges to rate).

Tarheel and Tuq, what do you think of this proposal by Dom for the final round?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think Katy and Chip need to post THREE different hot characters for the finals...so we can objectively judge their picks...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw this post by Dom. Our House did something similar in his original Hot Guy contest in POG (having the finalists submit 2 different men for the judges to rate).

Tarheel and Tuq, what do you think of this proposal by Dom for the final round?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, it's just a silly contest...I didn't mean to step on any toes...but I'M DA JUDGE, dammit. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The picks are fine...if you guys want to choose two others, that's cool by me, too.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 PM

ok! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] should we wait for tarheel and tuq to weigh in or should we just post away?

You will average our scores right?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] should we wait for tarheel and tuq to weigh in or should we just post away?

You will average our scores right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think T & T should have a chance to weigh in...but I would hate for one of you to lose due to variance and my own personal tastes, on only one picture!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 PM

dom's proposal is fine by me. this is just supposed to be a fun contest, there's no need to get worked up over how your pic was scored. it only matters whether you think she's hot anyway. i'm sorry if i offended anyone, but i don't think i've been overly critical.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 PM

I never saw Eyes Wide Shut [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and was Scarlett that hot looking in Lost in Translation?

No she was not, but a very sweet yet boring looking character.
She is much more hot in Match Point, both her look and her outfit is OMG [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

But Dom gave her the knife, i feel he did it out of dissapointment for not being lost in translation [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

But a good thing i do not hold a grudge