AJ9x
A83x
K982
JT97
QJ82
J987
J832

[/ QUOTE ]

In what sense, and which betting structure? I'd happily play all of these HU, or open them from the button. In a more loose-aggressive game and early position, I might not play any of them.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Badugi Hands

What an awesome game!

Fun to be in a capped betting round and draw all 4 again! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2006, 09:55 PM

Limit and I'm curious to see when people will come in with these hands. When playing a new form of poker starting hands is always the hardest part to figure out. I played triple draw for a while without reading SSII and finding out the starting hands made me into a winning player. I figure the same could happen with Badugi as I already feel I could make decent postflop decesions since I have a history in 2-7.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:15 AM

A2xx -- Yup, raise with position
A5xx -- Yup, raise with position
45xx -- Yup, raise with position
A7xx -- Nah
AJ9x -- Nah
A83x -- Yeah, raise, wether you keep or chuck the 8 depends on how many callers and how likely your opponents are to pay off big if you can make a monster
K982 -- Trash
JT97 -- Trash
QJ82 -- Trash
J987 -- Trash
J832 -- Raise, Similar to the A38 hand, the smallest card of your low 2 is less significant than the biggest, anything other than headsup & you will discard the jack and maybe the 8 as well

One point with badugi hands is that because you can never make lower than a 4 low A2 isnt that much better than 34, the difference only really counts when you tie for at least one or more high cards, its a difference but not much, weak 3rd cards with good low cards are often good to raise as you have more options depending on action, especially if you get to see your opponent discard first. but very strong 2 lows are best to keep the pot small and keep people in, as you need to hit twice, so are rellying on implied odds, but get implied oddds because people never credit a hand that had to draw 2 as much as a hand that only drew one. Of course 3 good lows are ram & jam territory.

Some of the trash hands might have some merit headsup, but I dont have much experience of that