Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

This thread seems like it might be turning into the Little Rascals He-Man Woman Haters Club so i probably shouldnt add this but all well.

For some reason this picture reminds me...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of this picture:

Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....It's unfortunate that happened because it allows her to redefine the conflict in her mind and be the victim instead of addressing the real issues of what happened at the tournament and especially her highly unprofessional behavior in the aftermath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...none of the responses from Joy have at any time addressed the real situation. Somehow she has managed to twist this and attempt to make the whole issue about her. The issue has always been about cheating at a very public poker tournament.

Terrence's complaints from Day 1 were about Duke and Elizabeth cheating. His complaints were never against the chatiry as Joy has insinuated with her violin-strumming about kids in Africa. And it was never about Joy. Remember she wasn't the TD, Sam Minutello was. When Joy read Terrence's blog, she snapped and went into crazy spin-doctor mode and has attempted to turn herself into a victim with the whole alleged threatening phone calls storyline. It has never been about her at all, only in her eyes.

In her multiple postings, never has she addressed and admitted there was blatant collusion and cheating at her event. Everyone else has but her and Elizabeth. She only became a player in the story because she made herself a player by yelling at Terrence when he went looking for answers.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 PM

I totally would.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as the rude and threatening phone calls go, what did she expect when she posts her phone number and email on a public forum while making the over-the-line comments we've all read? I'm not saying that justifies those calls and e-mails, it absolutely doesn't.

It's unfortunate that happened because it allows her to redefine the conflict in her mind and be the victim instead of addressing the real issues of what happened at the tournament and especially her highly unprofessional behavior in the aftermath.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some solid reasoning. Well said!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....It's unfortunate that happened because it allows her to redefine the conflict in her mind and be the victim instead of addressing the real issues of what happened at the tournament and especially her highly unprofessional behavior in the aftermath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...none of the responses from Joy have at any time addressed the real situation. Somehow she has managed to twist this and attempt to make the whole issue about her. The issue has always been about cheating at a very public poker tournament.

Terrence's complaints from Day 1 were about Duke and Elizabeth cheating. His complaints were never against the chatiry as Joy has insinuated with her violin-strumming about kids in Africa. And it was never about Joy. Remember she wasn't the TD, Sam Minutello was. When Joy read Terrence's blog, she snapped and went into crazy spin-doctor mode and has attempted to turn herself into a victim with the whole alleged threatening phone calls storyline. It has never been about her at all, only in her eyes.

In her multiple postings, never has she addressed and admitted there was blatant collusion and cheating at her event. Everyone else has but her and Elizabeth. She only became a player in the story because she made herself a player by yelling at Terrence when he went looking for answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering her job is PR, is all this deflection of attention off the principles part of the job?

The other choice is that she is really a spazzy witch that I would NOT want my organization associated with.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Mama Poker, if your goal is to deflect the attention, making your self the target is not a good idea.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is Terrence getting screwed out of his golf package too now?? Or is Annie Duke's 'restitution' that she will personally buy him a WSOP seat? And sincere email, my ass... she's just worried about her reputation going down the tubes (even more).

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that why she wanted her discussion with Terrance in which she insisted on making restitution kept private?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 PM

What hasn't been mentioned is having a prize structure where first prize is 2 main event seats and second prize is a golf trip few poker players will value is just begging for collusion in the first place.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So is Terrence getting screwed out of his golf package too now?? Or is Annie Duke's 'restitution' that she will personally buy him a WSOP seat? And sincere email, my ass... she's just worried about her reputation going down the tubes (even more).

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that why she wanted her discussion with Terrance in which she insisted on making restitution kept private?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious she would be able to figure out that Terrance would ask to make this public. There is a very small chance it was going to remain private, and if she really wanted this she would of insisted when Terrance asked persmission to post.

Not that there is anything wrong with making it public (I would want the same thing if I was her), or that this indicates anything about Annie. But saying that her "insisting" about privacy speaks in a positive way about her character is very naive.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in regards to annie duke, i never liked that bitch

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread