Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

One of the more interesting excuses I've heard for putting on weight:

[ QUOTE ]
Women are becoming fatter - maybe there is a deep-rooted reason for this. Too many rapists out there, illegal criminals let out of prison, rape law against women in favour of men, one of the reasons why I put on weight, for protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20071116001141
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's what happens when you make the obvious error of getting good at something and having other people know it. That oughta learn ya. Learn ya good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 AM

How's it going Wookie? You still awake?

So I just finished watching Idiocracy. OMG, Am I the last person to find out about this movie? I did a search to see if it has ever been discussed and turns out tons of people have seen it! There was even a thread in OOT about it. So here's what I discovered, you either love it or you can't stand it. There's no real in between. I came into it expecting nothing and thought it was pretty damn entertaining. My boyfriend laughed his head off. He laughed so hard that he started choking (which was a little distracting frankly). We both liked the President. The rehabilitation scene was too funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], what with the boulder in the back of his car and everything. I'm telling you this movie is sheer brilliance.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 AM

Yeah, I'm still here. I think I only have 3 more compile-time errors to sort through before my code compiles, so hopefully I won't be up too much later. I know I won't be able to resist the urge to run the first round of tests on my code to see how/if it works, though.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Did the coffee work for you? I'm falling asleep here on my end. I can't imagine being in a lab and compiling code this late at night. That's craziness!
Old 11-16-2007, 12:46 AM

So far, so good. I keep late-ish hours normally, though. I think a lot of my desire for coffee is psychological, though. I mentally associate consuming a caffeinated beverage with getting down to business. There may be some biochemical pathway associating caffeine with increased focus, too, but I'm less sure of that one.

Edit: As for my progress, I have the code compiled in serial mode, so that's good. I forgot that I'd lost the install of the MPI module that's necessary for me to compile the code in parallel mode, so I'm compiling that now. After that, I compile in parallel and start the tests.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot that I'd lost the install of the MPI module that's necessary for me to compile the code in parallel mode, so I'm compiling that now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate this for 'Geekiest lounge sentence - 2007' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Would you get that thing compiled in parallel mode already? It's getting late.

Also, I would recommend eating a big piece of poppy seed cake with your cup of coffee. Yummo.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 AM

Aw, c'mon. I'm sure that even I have said geekier things in this past year. Someone must have beaten that one.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:04 AM

Alright, parallel mode compilation successful. I ran the first battery of tests, and it segfaulted on the first test of the battery that actually tested my code. Oh well. I'll start finding all the bone-headed mistakes I made that weren't so bone-headed as to cause compile-time errors starting tomorrow, but for now, mission accomplished. I got done all I wanted to get done tonight.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more interesting excuses I've heard for putting on weight:

[ QUOTE ]
Women are becoming fatter - maybe there is a deep-rooted reason for this. Too many rapists out there, illegal criminals let out of prison, rape law against women in favour of men, one of the reasons why I put on weight, for protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...20071116001141

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Blarg is hooked on the BBC
Closed Thread