Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Our Israeli Government prove themselves to be idiots once again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, not because its a wrong statement, but because you are applying it to the situation here in Israel

No Arabs in Yafo or Haifa or Ramla are subjected to military operations and your argument is totally useless.

You may want to read up on some of Aharon Barak's judgments in the supreme court, which its worth noting are binding on the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any jew in the world can get citizenship in Israel, but palestinians who lost their homes to settlements or war suffer humiliation at checkpoints. Yeah, it's not about race at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Anyone in the world can get citizenship through the normal channels, in fact its easier to get into israel than canada or the US, even if youre not jewish.

b) Every country on earth gives a huge weight on immigration "scorecards" to those descended from natives (i.e. has an Italian or American grandparent)

Arab-Israelis and the "Palestinians" are the same "race". Israels treat one group as equal citizens of the state and the other as violence-ridden animals?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:12 AM

"Hey, how come the Arab countries don't allow the Palestinians to become citizens?"

Who want's to live with a bunch of serial killers?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, how come the Arab countries don't allow the Palestinians to become citizens?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get banned if I called all jews serial killers.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get banned if I called all jews serial killers.

[/ QUOTE ]

(That is a good point and makes me think that maybe my question could be misinterpreted so I'll add

Sometime back I was watching one of the innumerable TV shows on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and when asked the question of why the Palestinians were still in refugee camps and were not allowed to emigrate to other Arab countries answered something like: 'We are not going to allow the Israelis and easy way out of dealing with the refugee problem.'

They are willing to make who knows how many people suffer in order to keep the pressure on. The Cambodian, Vietnamese, Sudanese and every other refugee peoples that I can think of have been re-settled. I don't think there have been a longer lasting group of refugees than the Palestinians ever.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: This is What Happens When......

[ QUOTE ]
Lawyers are experts at falsifying billing records and cheating their clients out of every penny they can but these skills don't transfer well in the real world...

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, that's an awesome line. With the proper delivery it would make some damn fine stand-up material. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]