Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Re: video up: comments welcome

I will make sporatic comments but I am at the hospital now and don't have the video with me. I will just say that I like to take occasional nonstandard lines especially early in the match. Waiting to CR the river early in the match is a ploy that allows me to get some free cards later, peel a little lighter, and control the relentless value betting that solid 2p2 types will hammer you with. FWIW, I think this actually worked pretty well and did reslut in some turn and river check behinds with seemingly easy VBs for Victor.

Giving up a bet or fraction of a bet for the hand in play will come back to me later if he checks behind and I just look weak for no pounding top pair.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:43 AM

I really appreciate you coming in and providing feedback. I do wish however that you would have listened to my suggestion and watched it from both sides. I actually felt like my play was somewhat weak as well during the match but sometimes you can be hancuffed by running badly. After I watched the vids side by side I really felt much better and think that my play was super good from a FTOP standpoint. The simple fact is that I never had anything to put Victor to the test with. My bluffing frequency was pretty reasonable but the [censored] just had a hand every time and very few of my semibluffs worked or got home.

I hope you and some others will look at the videos at the same time or from my side. Very interested to see where you think the pressure can be applied. BTW, I know that AJs is a standard 3 bet preflop. The way the match was going I just decided to try and win a big pot with this by concealing the strength of my hand. I have had decent success with this against aggressive thinking players who will doubt that I have an ace based on the preflop action and occasionally give way too much action.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 AM

dont get me wrong surfdoc, my post werent supposed to really have much to do with your play, i tried watching the videos side by side and felt that my thought and comments were servely affetced by seeing the results/other players hole cards.

i really tried to focus on what i thought victor could do better, i might try and watch your side tomorrow, and hopefully by then i will have completely forgotten what i saw tonight.

Also i do realise that victor just about flopped a pair every hand.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:17 PM

"
please value bet the Q2 (top pair) at 23.56min, you hand is good here a [censored] load"

this hand was direct result of him waiting till the river to cr with top pair on the q4 hand. i felt he would cr the flop with medium pairs and draws. i really felt he had a semiweak str draw or a monster. check calling all streets with ace high or low pair is a bad play and i like to think he woulda dropped the aj on the river. honestly i dont see much value for me if surfdoc is playing well as he has air or a monster like always.