Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Rare preflop slowplay

The guy to my left in the BB this hand is completely nutso. He will always play his BB for one more bet but sometimes folds for 2. He is 80/50 for 100 hands and will go to SD and put in many bets with any pair, pump any draw, and generally play maniacally. I thought keeping him in and concealing my hand strength would make just calling better. The initial PFR is standard TAG 27/20. Thoughts?

15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Rare preflop slowplay

No doubt this is ok.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No doubt this is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I seem to remember using this move on you back in the spring, too - but with AA.

Surf
Old 12-02-2006, 02:18 PM

I'd 3-bet and expect BB to come along anyways.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy to my left in the BB this hand is completely nutso. He will always play his BB for one more bet but sometimes folds for 2. He is 80/50 for 100 hands and will go to SD and put in many bets with any pair, pump any draw, and generally play maniacally. I thought keeping him in and concealing my hand strength would make just calling better. The initial PFR is standard TAG 27/20. Thoughts?

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you planning on donking a lot of flops? Your relative position seems like it would be tough to trap the BB for a lot of bets. You might even stand a better chance of milking him if you take the lead PF.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats my thinking of these idiots. im much more inclined to just call if theres a decent player in the bb.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my only concern. He may very well cap with garbage and I lose some value but if he folds and the flop goes bet and TAG folds I will lose even more value. The way I played it, I will always get the LAGfish to play and collect the same small bet that I get from the TAG if I 3 bet. I also get a checkraise in on the flop and even more gravy if the BB hits any piece as he will usually donk the flop.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:50 PM

This guy traps himself for a lot of bets. I just need to let him catch a tiny piece or decide that the flop is 3 cards.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy traps himself for a lot of bets. I just need to let him catch a tiny piece or decide that the flop is 3 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then rope him in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Rest of the hand

Here is how the rest of the hand went down. I posted this hand since it worked out so well there is this natural inclination to feel like you did something brilliant when often times it turns out to be donktastic. Anyone think a better line should be taken to maximally extact from the LAGfish and the TAG once we find out they both like the flop?

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Ks (two pair, kings and twos).
BB has Qs 6h (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 13 BB. </font>