Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 11:55 AM

Default QQ, Bet A flop?

Stars $1/2. I have $227, villain has $228. Im in the BB with red QQ. folds to CO who has $700 and has been raising a ton makes it $8. Button (Villain) smooth calls. SB folds, I make it $24 to go (just right? too small? too big?)

CO quickly mucks and button calls.

Flop is Ac5c5s
Pot($57)

Hero?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: QQ, Bet A flop?

I would have went $35-$40. QQ is hard to play OOP against 2 people. As played I bet $40 and hope he folds.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:02 PM

I dont have a much of a read on button besides that Ive reraised preflop with 99 before against the guy with $700, he called, the flop came 10 high and he mucked after I bet 3/4ths of the pot. He seems reasonable, but not the type that would fold A10-AK here.

Ive reraised the $700 guy a few times with 99,AK,QQ, and KQ once (the kQ didnt see a flop), so he is maybe starting to get tired of folding solid hands.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:05 PM

I would only call the pre-flop $8 raise. Don't get too excited with your ladies, because when the Ace comes on the flop, they look like tramps.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would only call the pre-flop $8 raise. Don't get too excited with your ladies, because when the Ace comes on the flop, they look like tramps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Hopefully others will discuss this, because quite frankly I dont want the big stack to see cheap flops raising his K9 suited or A4 suited and getting to see $8 flops with it. I feel my hand needs a little protection.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Hopefully others will discuss this, because quite frankly I dont want the big stack to see cheap flops raising his K9 suited or A4 suited and getting to see $8 flops with it. I feel my hand needs a little protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you are setting yourself up for a possible disaster by doing this. I think this hand would be very difficult to play if you dont raise.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, OOP I will reraise bigger than if I had position.

I like a raise to around $40 preflop. Given that you didn't I bet the flop whatever you have been cont betting previously (3/4 pot?).
Old 05-30-2006, 12:17 PM

If I have Ax suited, I'll call your bet. If thats your strategy, it needs to be alot bigger re-raise.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have Ax suited, I'll call your bet. If thats your strategy, it needs to be alot bigger re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats incredibly loose to me and if you hit your ace you are going to be living in fear of AJ-AK.

Ive been betting about 3/4s of pot, yes.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:38 PM

I agree that a raise is the only way to go, but if you raise more than you would have done usually, players will notice that you really want them to pay for a flop and put you on TT-KK.

PFR is fine, I'd bet $40 and hope he folds as some one else said. Check fold to a call/raise.