Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Jermain Taylor vs. Kell Pavlik 9-29

yep, that was amazing to watch, especially holding a big ticket on the winner.

i'm amazed to hear how far he trailed on the scorecards, putting it in that context, it makes it even more badass. i did think he was trailing, and i thought his punches were not doing as much damage.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:13 AM

Hell of a fight, Could have just as easily been a second round KO for the champion. Will be interested to see if Camp Taylor tries to spin it, but I don't think they will. That was a great fight. Can't think of many middleweights that would give Pavlik a fight besides maybe a Taylor rematch. That's if Pavlik can make weight.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 AM

I had it small at +115 and took it big at +160, and I was actually so much happier to see Taylor KTFO in the corner than I was to win. I've hated that [censored] for years. What a fight, and what horrible scorecards. Anything above 57-56 taylor was a complete joke, and 59-55 should be banned for life.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 AM

Could easily have been 4-2 Taylor with a 10-8 round making him up 3 points. Glad to see Pavlik win.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:37 AM

just got home from downtown youngstown...hundreds of people in the (closed off) streets...i've never seen anything like it, only thing that reminds me of it was when i was a student at kent state, and they made it to the elite 8..

we were smart, and took some beers with us in the car (my sober girlfriend drove), because when we got there, there was no way we were getting into 1 of the 3 bars that were in the immediate area..things were so crazy, and so many people were just milling around, we just drank the beers we brought...

what heart. in the 2nd round, the 4 of us were completely silent, until my brother's wife said, 'i feel bad for kelly', as he was stumbling around the ring trying to get his legs back underneath him..

unbelievable fight. if someone could show me a fight better than the 2 pavlik has fought in this year, i'll be shocked...
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Everyone who cashed a winner should take up a collection to buy Taylor a new jaw. What a punch...