Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: FTP Status

[ QUOTE ]
What is the formula for equity?
Is it (#chips/total chips) * (total prize pool) / # players remaining?

Also, when are the payouts expected?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the update, Doug. I hope that it will be back up soon, and I hope that we'll get credit for Ironman today because I had JUST started up my session and only got in 15 minutes before it went down. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Yeah seriously I was disconnected for 45 minutes before you decided to pause the tournaments. I lost 500 in chips.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah seriously I was disconnected for 45 minutes before you decided to pause the tournaments. I lost 500 in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like this wont hurt you though, you'll get the equity from whatever time you were dropped.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM

So then it hurts the people that gained the chips, because the total number of chips in play is higher, giving less to all the other people?
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then it hurts the people that gained the chips, because the total number of chips in play is higher, giving less to all the other people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm reading OP wrong it doesn't sound that way either, it sounds like everyone's getting the best situation here. My guess would be theres 2 different calcs where the total chips in play is the same for both, but you get your higher equity payout depending on when you had more chips. It sounds like FT is paying out an overlay on this. Then again this is all speculation on my part.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:11 PM

it only hurts you if you were like, final table or higher chip level, or if you were the best player in the field and had an above average chance of increasing your chip stack / making the FT/whatever... heres the math on mine for an example:

i am 15th of 125 in the 25k guarantee

buyins to be distributed according to chip stacks: 281*69=19389

but everyone still left gets their buyin back, even people with 50 chips or some crap. im 15th with 18650 or so. total chips 406*3000=1218000. 18650/12180000=.0015311etc, *19389+69 = $366 total return on a $69 investment... meh i dunno. i dont like it but i guess its more fair than chopping it at where the money would currently be and handing out prizes accordingly.

edit: in 15th place, i am making about $80 more than i would be if they just chopped it and divvyd it up according to the original payout structure, obv the first place person is not taking $7k though, so you're only hurt if you were like, very very high in the tournament standings. otherwise you're probably making out ahead. of course the first place guy is gonna get like, way way less than the 1st place prize, but it evens out quickly
Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 PM

Our system has a method for paying out automatically as soon as the tournament gets voided. This payout will be based on the chip count when the void occurs.

Then we have to do some work to get the equity before the disconnections started, so those who were negatively affected will get a second payout within the next 24-48 hours to make up any difference.

The system/automatic payout does not take into account freerolls and overlays for some reason, so the additional payout from that would happen with the second batch.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 PM

Doug, what about disconnects during cash games? Thanks.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM

How about SnG`s? The same thing there?