Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Cruising along with AA when all hell breaks loose. Turn action?

Can you guys help we out with handreading here? We have a pretty dry board and then one guy checkraises the field followed by another guy who then call/caps. The button would be pretty likely to 3 bet preflop any pairs he is playing. So he looks like maybe 89. Hard to give him 2 pair although 7Ts may be in his range given he previously called 3 from the BB with 52s. How about the BB? What do we think he has?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:48 AM

I've only played a little with ahrimaster on FT and he seems way more reasonable than he used to be on Party (assuming it's the same guy and not someone looking to take advantage of a super duper bad lags old screen name). On party he was a TOTAL MANIAC who would bet and raise the whole way with nothing or any piece of the board. He seems to be able to fold more preflop on FT but still does some monkey stuff and is less retarded-bluffy post flop but still not great.
On the flop I can imagine him having any pair or 89 or 45/56 with a bdfd.

I definitely like leading the turn. He's capable of raising a worse hand since the pot is huge. Also, if BB knows at all how out of line ahri gets and is paying any attn he may correctly c/r with any piece to get you to fold something. If I bet and get raised-3bet I'll fold but otherwise I'm holding on.

-WT
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn knowing lagtard button will raise it up and hopefully force out SB and BB. Then I'll call down his lagtardedness and puke when he rivers 2 pair.

easy fold if BB 3bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was in part what I wanted to avoid. What is your plan if button LAG just calls and then BB checkraises? That was a pretty legitimate concern as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf and call down unless I'm forced with 2 cold on the river.

Good point, That is a legitimate concern, but I still lead turn.