Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: 100NL - JJ

I'm not suggestion we should lead the turn. My point is it would cost the same amount as the check raise and would be preferable too the check raise.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:33 PM

Betting the flop lets us know right away whether he has a better hand or not, but I don't think it is the best line.You are WA/WB, and all the hands you are WA of fold.
I like c/c the flop and leading the turn. It keeps the pot alot smaller than checkraising, and atleast you extracted value from worse hands on one street. If called on turn, I probably c/f river, although it depends on the turn and river cards a little bit.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like c/c the flop and leading the turn. It keeps the pot alot smaller than checkraising, and atleast you extracted value from worse hands on one street. If called on turn, I probably c/f river, although it depends on the turn and river cards a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely like checking the flop, but I don't know whether to raise or call a bet. You outlined the advantages of just calling, but I think the big disadvantage of calling is that you're giving your opponent a "free" card, and if an overcard hits I don't like my spot at all. By checkraising you don't give him a shot to hit his outs.

The big disadvantage of checkraising though is obviously that we put in a lot of money if behind.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:51 PM

I dont know what to think of this... I first read it and thought yuck, but now it seems ok, but its a total bluff... Id have absolutely no intention of showing this down.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:54 PM

don't like it. rather lead, c/c turn and lead river. or c/c flop, lead turn.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 PM

Don't like the check. You're the preflop raiser, bet right out and see what he does.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:51 PM

agree w/ cbloom. our hand here has showdown value. with a hand like maybe 55 or something, our hand is less likely to be good by showdown. we would rather win the pot here with the JJ. while JJ may not be the best hand always on a K high flop, it will be the best hand many more times than the 72o/55/etc.

I'd just rather lead. if he is a known floater, double barrel the turn. i'd rather you c/r here with a better hand vs a aggro opponent. TPTK at least.