Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 AM

Default That\'ll close the book on \"Rome\" *SPOILERS*

I found the final episode to very satisfying. Thanks, HBO, for another great series (but did you have to choke off Deadwood's funding to do it???).

Spoiler (and I do mean spoiler!) in white:

<font color="white">I hated to see Vorenus killed off. Obviously, they killed him off because there was nowhere else to put him. Since I can't think of any way he could've joined Octavian (after fighting alongside Antony for so long), or any way he could have realistically reconciled with his family, long term, a deathbed goodbye seems like a decent way to go.</font>
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: That\'ll close the book on \"Rome\"

Damn it. I Tivo'd Rome and hadn't watched it yet...but I felt compelled to read the spoiler. Damn it.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 AM

I somehow ended up watching like the last 4 episodes of this season after only seeing bits and pieces here and there. I really like this show - much more than the Sopranos. Obviously, I have a huge amount of details missing about this show since I just started watching, and I'm deciding whether watching previous seasons is worthwhile given I know the ending. I might just try to read up online and leave it at that. Is there another season in the works?

BTW, I thought the scene last week wheb Pullo's wife(?) confessed on her deathbed was one of the best scenes I have ever scene from a dramatic intensity perspective.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM

I have not watched the last episode yet... Will there be a season 3 or not?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM

It was a perfect finale with the exception that it was rushed. They should have either made it a full 12 episode season or had a 2 hour finale. I felt like they were just trying to get the story finished as recklessly as possible.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

I thought the finale was one of the better series finale's ever. The acting was just supurb. Marc Antony and Cleopatras final scene together was emmy worthy.

Really loved the show, it's not infinitely rewatchable like the sopranos/deadwood or the wire, but it definitely has it's place in the HBO canon. Very satisfying.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:53 PM

Carnivale i think was the best finale that I saw.

No HBO episode though compares even slightly to the first episode (2 parts) of season 2 of deadwood. The faceoff between Swearengen and Bullock
Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I somehow ended up watching like the last 4 episodes of this season after only seeing bits and pieces here and there. I really like this show - much more than the Sopranos. Obviously, I have a huge amount of details missing about this show since I just started watching, and I'm deciding whether watching previous seasons is worthwhile given I know the ending. I might just try to read up online and leave it at that. Is there another season in the works?

BTW, I thought the scene last week wheb Pullo's wife(?) confessed on her deathbed was one of the best scenes I have ever scene from a dramatic intensity perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

the series is over. minimal chance of resurrection mostly because they've told the story.

season 1 &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; season 2. on this I think we can all agree.

can we talk about the last episode or not? I dont want to get in trouble for spoilers.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 PM

This whole season was rushed because they had to fit too much history into ten episodes. It would have been much better if it got three seasons, with Season 2 ending with the death of Brutus. Or at least they could have entirely cut out the Jewish plotline.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:18 PM

Yea, they really needed three seasons. I loved season 1 and the first few episodes of season 2, but I thought it went downhill after that.