Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Who gets the KITN?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Player A keeps the money,
1) Player B stated an amount 265, not All-in, which player A called. Just because A made a mistake, or lied about having money left over doesn't exempt B from verifying. Trust but verify.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I gotta go with Fizz and Bull on this one. A specific amount was bet and called. That's that. One player incorrectly saying "that puts me all in" doesn't count as an automatic one-sided can-only-lose bet of anything he has left. It sucks, and it may be an angle, and if it happens ever again someone should invite him to play somewhere else for a year. But it could be an honest error. I don't see how else to handle it.

Maybe the dealer shoulda verified the statement. Not sure that's REALLY up to the dealer to one-sidedly take on, though. In high limit games, a dealer sticking his nose in to verify the statement that his call put him all in would result in things being thrown at the dealer. It's pretty much up to the other player to initiate a river bet... just say the words "all-in" and force the other guy to say call, or ask for a verification of stack sizes, or whatever.