Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: FR Theory: Random thoughts on different stack sizes and playing th

[ QUOTE ]
200BB+: Bad news for big cards - you're playing them for set value mostly, and won't get action back the times you hit your set unless someone is drawing to a set-beating hand. Almost, ATC can be called profitably here by good postflop players, as they got odds to flop 2 pair or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

so everytime you flop trips/2pair and there is an A, K, Q on the board you c/f? the times you put in a ton when basically no equity really hurt

and well you don't flop 2pr+ that often
Old 11-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Can anyone suggest good books or articles I can read on this topic?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
200BB+: Bad news for big cards - you're playing them for set value mostly, and won't get action back the times you hit your set unless someone is drawing to a set-beating hand. Almost, ATC can be called profitably here by good postflop players, as they got odds to flop 2 pair or trips

[/ QUOTE ]

so everytime you flop trips/2pair and there is an A, K, Q on the board you c/f? the times you put in a ton when basically no equity really hurt

and well you don't flop 2pr+ that often

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking, because the 'bigness' of the cards is somewhat diminished but the 'pairedness' holds up, it makes sense for deep players to raise any pair early when everyone's deep (along with other hands). So the flop becomes trickier for everyone.

I'd love someone who has played a lot of 200BB+ hands to chime in here.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone suggest good books or articles I can read on this topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

i might suggest reading this thread, and asking any questions u have =)

tell u the truth, im not sure there are books that rly talk about anything but 100bb+ (other than HoH, because he talks about MTTs where stack sizes are always varying, and that can kind of translate).
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Ed Miller's 'Getting Started in Holdem' covers 20BB shortstack play.

Professioal No Limit Holdem discusses buying at less than the standard 100BB and how this benefits SPR planning.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 PM

I'd search around in the high stakes area and look for live 10/20 and 20/40 hands. Those tend to play pretty deep. That's a great resource.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: FR Theory: Random thoughts on different stack sizes and playing them

nice post d.

Effective stacks. Effective stacks. Effective stacks.

You target one villain and the shortie in the blinds pops the pot. Villain one folds and you now have a COMPLETELY different set of hand dynamics.

Your playing a tad short and follow several limpers in with 33. You could raise, but you decide to limp. Someone behind raises. Normally you look to call for set value, but you forgot to push the Get Chips button. Three callers to you and you decide to call also. (Harrington moment here) Quick, what is the likely hand of the callers? small to medium pockets and SCs (Axs too sometimes).... but mainly small pockets. Alot of times from here out, when you get action on 953 flop, you are already toast.

I think that after position, effective stack management is the most needed online poker skill set I would like to master.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: FR Theory: Random thoughts on different stack sizes and playing them

off-topic,

I've been thinking of an experiment
great shortstackers pretty much uniformly claim how unique and valuable their information is. Thus, they haven't posted any of it. I know about 80% of it from quite a bit of success shortstacking myself. One could apply themselves and in a month have a 5 figure per month income working 35 hour weeks. However, this might destroy the poker games that regular full-stackies depend on.

I'm thinking about just posting guidelines, charts, hand histories and everything I have on shortstacking to see if the info really is that valuable.

If it is that valuable, I expect someone to buy me off before I post it all.

</delusionsofgrandeur>
Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
off-topic,

great shortstackers pretty much uniformly claim how unique and valuable their information is. Thus, they haven't posted any of it. I know about 80% of it from quite a bit of success shortstacking myself. One could apply themselves and in a month have a 5 figure per month income working 35 hour weeks. However, this might destroy the poker games that regular full-stackies depend on.

I'm thinking about just posting guidelines, charts, hand histories and everything I have on shortstacking to see if the info really is that valuable.

</delusionsofgrandeur>

[/ QUOTE ]

in all seriousness, dont post it. and dont respond to any of the PMs ur about to get flooded with. srsly
Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
off-topic,

</delusionsofgrandeur>

[/ QUOTE ]

is it against 2p2 T&C to offer for sale a "shortstacking playbook" in BBV?