Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Mid Sept. Goals/Results Thread

(1) Review more hands. (BTW I found my first session review very helpful, I would advise more people to take part)
(2) Someone suggested thinking 6 seconds before calling an all in. I need to learn this.
(3) Clear stars bonus and maintain silverstar this month (doesnt sound like much but due to work I only have 2000 hands played this month :-(
(4) Learn to table select.
(5) Do not play when tired.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:09 PM

I share some of your goals. Specifically, I must play when I am in optimal condition to play. Not when tired, drinking, sleepy, angry, depressed, lonely, etc.

I've thought of buying a poker video game to play when I shouldn't play for money, but I know I wouldn't even open it up.

Instead, I've found the 70fpp sng to the Sunday Hundred Grand on Stars to be a great place to go play when I feel like playing poker, but I'm in no condition to make decisions for entire buy-ins. As a side benefit, I win at least 1/10 so it's at least a break even happy fun time.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Stop multi-tabling. I have a lot of basics to learn and it is too difficult for me to devote most of my time to learning these when multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided a while back and made this same goal. I just play a single table and try to give each decision my full attention and try to make the highest EV play possible within my understanding of the game. It takes forever to get in your hands but looking back Im glad this is what I have decided.

My goal was to play 10K hands at each limit (starting at 2NL)and then move up. I just hit 10K hands at 5NL so now its time to move up to 10NL. (I made $65 in 10K hands at 2NL and $74 in 10K hands at 5NL)

Im now at the point where I can actually begin to slowly clear 4 stars bonuses that I have stacked with no experation date on any of them. My first $125 should clear by the end of October. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Playing one table at a time for a few hours per day, I hope to get in another 1500 hands this month.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

i dont think i like poker enough to single table, but props for the motivation, keep moving up yo