Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

[ QUOTE ]
hah. i get the feeling this thread won't last long

[/ QUOTE ]
Do not agree. Poker is what ties most of us together to some degree. Thread was a good idea in my opinion and I predict will get bumped regularly.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play anymore. No limit hold'em has killed all the games I actually enjoy, which are limit hold'em, stud, razz, and omaha 8.

I hope when the next recession hits it kills no limit again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's plenty of razz, O8 and 6max LH at low-mid limits online. I don't see any reason to quit altogether just because NL is much more popular right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's my problem. I could make good money 8 tabling $3-$6 full ring, then I burned out from doing this 8 hours a day. After I came back to give it another go, I discovered that the 6 maxes had killed all the full ring limit action. And I can't play enough tables of 6-max low limit to make it worth my while because the hands come around too fast, LAG play in the opposition becomes more proper (that's why they moved to 6-max). I'm underrolled for anything higher and don't really see the opportunity to play my way up again. Combine all this with not even knowing how to go about funding an account anymore since the ridiculous internet gambling ban [censored], and I think my poker career is just dead. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And when I said NL had killed the other games; I meant live. Nobody ever wants to play anything but NLHE where I live, and I hate that game except in tournaments (and even the local tournaments have terrible structures and giant rakes).

[ QUOTE ]
On a related note, do you think if we played poker with gold coins instead of poker chips would that prevent a recession?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I played in a local $2-$4 game where the chips were all Sacagewea dollars; it was pretty fun.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:02 AM

I play a local cardroom's NLHE tourney one or two Saturday afternoons a month. It's my get out by myself time.

The tourney structure sucks, it plays like a three-table turbo SNG with short stacks to blinds and the blinds escalate quickly.

On the other hand, that keeps me from staying gone too long [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 02:07 AM

Do you browse the forums while you're 7-tabling Dom?

Poker Ace Hud finally updated their software so it works on Stars.. I know I'm losing a little value by not observing all the betting patterns, but I enjoy my time playing poker so much more browsing forums at the same time.

Just lost a couple of hundred while typing this. I flop middle set, got raised by a pair and a flush draw, I shove, he calls. Flush hits the turn. Gotta love it.

I was almost out of the hole I've dug myself today too. Now -3.25 buy ins.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 AM

this doesn't belong here, but it doesn't deserve a thread in the lounge. anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've actually been paying the bills the last few months playing poker...but I'm still under -rolled because I have to keep taking money out! I play Full Tilt 50NL (seven-tabling) every day and 1/2NL live about three times a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still playing at Orleans???

...Ill be in town 9/5 til 9/10 hopefully killin the Wynn 8/16 like old times

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm outta town then!! moms bday in florida....
Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this doesn't belong here, but it doesn't deserve a thread in the lounge. anyone interested in doing a fantasy football league?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am in a league with the likes of mrkilla, Dids, and RJ (LOOOOOOOL!), if we can't get something goign here there may be a spot available. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:22 AM

can you make an announcement or something, i don't know if many people will see it in here.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No, but I played in a local $2-$4 game where the chips were all Sacagewea dollars; it was pretty fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you moved $16 in, did the table bounce? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lounge runs a monthly chit-chat thread called the B____ &S____ thread for random stuff. This month is the Baseball & Swimming thread.