Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: How many 5 year-olds.....

[ QUOTE ]

If there were 100 in a gym, you wouldn't have the stamina nor the room to manuver and you would be overwhelmed or wore out when they started attaching themselves to your legs and over running you. As long as they held onto your arms and legs while you were down, then eventually you would be rendered unconscious. This would be a very slow and painful process.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't hold on to you when you crack em one in the head. I think you could pretty easily stand there and build up a pile. I honestly couldn't imagine giving a 5 year old my best punch. It'd kill him pretty easily I'd think. I remember my brothers crying for getting charlie horses in the arm or leg and this was when I was 14 and they were like 11-12 years old. Now I'm 31 and they are 5 year olds? Cmon.

Lol. I'm reminded of a buddy who used to work as at a youth commission for our city and I remember dropping something off with him. He's 6'5" or so and actually had about 5 kids hanging on him as he was making his way across the park, pretty easily I might add. One punch and these kids would drop fairly quickly.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:17 PM

I could take 100s and thats not a brag.

All i have to do is throw my weight and fists around.

Keep kicking.

The small room and wall rules make it harder but come on!

5 year olds cannot take any kind of pressure to the head.

Im gettin pretty pumped thinkin about this.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:51 PM

Damn, I was hoping this bump meant there was a new advance in the world for fighting off 5 year olds.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM

I didn't read all the pages, but most of them, and I didn't see something mentioned. In the OP, it's said that you cannot touch the walls. I think that brings your number down. When you're running, or tired, you'd consider using the wall for balance or rest.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My only request would be knee pads, and if they get a matching weapon/ defensive item, knee pads would be of no use to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this aspect was overlooked by almost everyone. Not only would stamina be a factor, but also the punishment your fists, knees, and elbows would take. The human skull is extremely hard and after kneeing 4 or 5 kids your knee would really hurt and make it hard to run away. If you went with punching, you would eventually break/sprain your wrist.

The most important aspect is how well the kids respond to the training. The instructor would really have to stress working in large groups and going for the legs. If there were an instructor present that would shout instructions the number would drop quite a bit. However, I think that despite the training, as soon as you started running around, their initial gameplan would go out the window and they would not be smart enough to come up with new ideas.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Ok so I believe that most of these estimations are incorrect for a few reasons:
The 5 yr olds will not be able to restrain you very well, they may be able to get you on the floor but if you curl up they could pretty much do nothing to you...as for getting out of that position you all are seeming to forget the strength that would be granted when you get adrenaline pumping through your veins at the yell of however many 5 year olds screeching at the top of their lungs whatever battle cries they may have made up.

Whatever training was given to them for only 1 day would not make any impact except for maybe 5 or six of the 5 yr olds that would actually pay attention. But, the hindrance of their size and weight and inadequately developed muscles and minds would not allow them to implement most or all of whatever techniques they may may have learned from their 1 day of training. The single hour of training would be much more effective at helping you because you would be no doubt learning pressure points that would be too easy to hit on a much slower than you 5 yr old.

If the children could surround you (which would happen) they might stop you from using your legs or knees but no way would they be able to stop you from using your arms or hands. I am 6'5" and most (if not all) 5 year olds I have seen don't even come up to my hips so my arms would not be hindered in any way.

Also you all seem to be forgetting that while you may have a sensitive spot in your groin or elsewhere, SO DO THE KIDS!! If you think that a 5 year olds' bite could break through a hard rubber/plastic cup then I definitely think that you could break through that cup thereby rendering them very prone to groin shots with your foot.

Speaking of sensitive spots...the "temple" and under the jaw are very soft and easily knock out a person when pressure is applied (say when a fist comes flying into it at high speeds) the neck of a child is also a potential target for a soft hit for your hand or arm. These spots are also out of reach for a 5 year old unless they had some freaky steroids.

Assuming that you had no remorse for the children you are hitting you could go all out and would be able to take out a lot more 5 year olds than you may think that you normally could even with stamina problems. If people can run 3.2 miles in 17 minutes and then run a 11.5 second 100 meter finish, you can contribute the finish to the adrenaline of the runner and the same would be true for you when you would be fighting the 5 year olds. You simply would not tire quickly.

Wow I'm sure that gonores didn't think that his "drunken debate" would get this much analytical conversation from sober people...