Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM

Default LIVE Super Sattelites are EZ/HARD?

(i apologize in advance for my english (it is not my first language and for posting badly or maybe leaving some details out, feel free to ask, critisize and be honest, thank you)

Live, 200$ buy in super sattelite, 165 runners, 11 seats awarded (2,700$ buy in, seat each), blind levels are 30 min. starting at 25-50 with 3000 starting stack, 12th-bubble boy gets ZERO (i know since we got 30$ on top of the seat after it was over)

hand #1:

67 player left
blinds 200-400 (no anties)
for some reason we are STILL playing 11 handed

UTG player(w/ 5.6k stack, solid tight, my read on him is that if he had a weak Ax we would've shipped it AI, as he has done once before, but raised TTs from MP1 for 1/5 of his stack and then iso-shoved after getting cold called and shortie went all in)
makes it 1.2k to go

i am UTG+1 (4.6k) holding AQs...

hand #2:

~40 players left
blinds 400-800 (no anties)

i am UTG (8k) w/ 99...(i think this is an easy shove, just need opinions)

hand #3:

24 players left
800-1600 blinds (no anties),
this is the LAST hand of this level and the LAST hand before the break, next hand i will be in BB (1k-2k level), 3 tables left my table is playing 7 handed

i am UTG w/ A4s (11.2k chips)...
UTG+1 was folding her hand already (she never hollywoods), MP1 is the only player that has seem me shove 3-4 times from late position with a stack of 7-10BBs earlier in the tourney, and i Never got called, he was in BB with a large stack on 2 of those late position shoves by me and always folded (i think i have 2-3 show downs the whole time up till that point after 3h+ of playing) he has 27k stack, CO will onyl call with KK-AA and has 15k stack, BTN will fold Any hand he has even AA, SB might call with 77+ and has same stack as me, BB is on of the best cash game players in the city with whom i have played many hours, he will call 99+/AJo+...anyways (i really on my live reads a lot, sorry for the mumbo-jumbo), do you fold A4s? shove? raise?

hand #4:

17 players left
1500-3000 blinds (no anties)

BvB
it is folded to SB and he insta shoves WITHOUT looking at his cards for 10k, you are in BB w/J9o and have a 19k in chips, so it is 7k for you to call and u will be left with 12k stack if you call and lose this hand...

~vladislav
Old 11-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: LIVE Super Sattelites are EZ/HARD?

1. can't get away from it here ur read. He may overvalue something like aj or a10 in addition to all pairs.
2. standard
3. although you will be in the blind next hand, a4 is a little too weak from UTG. You're going to get looked up a large % of time and will be dominated when u do
4. if he didn't look at his cards you have to call since ur getting nearly 2:1 and have a slightly above average hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM

fold
shove
fold
fold?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold
shove
fold
fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

why is 3rd a fold?