FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Love OR Money
Money 43 53.09%
Love 38 46.91%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: How much do you play?

Nope, you're wrong.

I usually play 3-4 tables of MSNL, but I've played 9 in the past. I had a very tough time concentrating and playing well, which is why I stick with 3-4, but I can definitely see how people can do it. Also, most players who play 12+ tables have a VP$IP of less than 25%... probably closer to 20%, sometimes even lower.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good idea to define a poll where to specify the number of tables.

Anyway, I still don't believe people could play on 12 6-max tables. So, 12 means roughly 1000 hands per hour. Which means that you play 16 hands every minute (in average). Suppose you are folding roughly 25% of the time at the pre-flop, you play 4 times a FOLD and then around 12 times you have to play more than 1 move (so minimum 24 moves, I would say, reasonably 40 moves in total).
So, you are going to play around 45 moves per minute.
Considering the moves are (from a time point of view) randomly distributed, you are going to have several minutes where you have to play more than one move per second.

That's simply impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I still don't believe people could play on 12 6-max tables. So, 12 means roughly 1000 hands per hour. Which means that you play 16 hands every minute (in average). Suppose you are folding roughly 25% of the time at the pre-flop, you play 4 times a FOLD and then around 12 times you have to play more than 1 move (so minimum 24 moves, I would say, reasonably 40 moves in total).
Considering the moves are (from a time point of view) randomly distributed, you are going to have several minutes where you have to play more than one move per second.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shhh!

(cough) Any two can win! Gus Hansen rules! All-in, baby!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 AM

fish r funny
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's really not that hard. By the way, you fold a lot more than 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most winning players see about 20-30% of flops not 75% like you suggested.

That means you are folding 75% of the time.

But if you want to play 75% of your hands preflop please by all means do so. Can I have your screenname?

Here are the correct calculations for you.

1000 hands 12 tabling 6 max playing 25% of your hands = 250 hands/hour played (this will vary somewhat depending on the player as some winning players play 20% of hands and some play 30%)

You are playing 4 hands per minute where you have seen the flop and of those 4 hands not everyone will go to the river.

A winning players went to showdown % is somewhere around 20-25% meaning of the 4 hands you played you are only going to showdown with 1 of them

The other 3 hands won't go past the turn and probably only 1 will make it past the flop.

So we have:

8 folds + 4 call or raises preflop =12 "clicks or moves"
1 hand with flop turn and river action = "3 clicks"
2 hands with flop action = "2 clicks"

= 17 clicks total give or take

Also the big thing you are not realizing is THE TIME BANK please BE AWARE of the fact that 99% of the sites give you anywhere from 20-30 seconds to make a decision when it was your turn to act on every street plus 99% of the sites have a time button which can be hit which gives you an additional time to make your move on every street.

PokerStars for example gives you 60 seconds extra if you hit the time button on top of the 30 seconds they already give to make your decision you every time you hit the time button at each table you sit at.

So of the 4 hands that I am going to be involved in every minute. I have 30 seconds to make a decision preflop, then an addition 30 seconds on the flop, then an additonal 30 seconds on the turn then an additional 30 secoonds on the river then additional 60 seonds from my time bank to make a deciion plus the time it takes for other players to make their moves.

That's a big difference between the #'s you randomly spitted out and the actual #'s from any winning NL player.

You are wrong do you see why?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Oh you said FOLDING 25% of the time?

roflllllllllll s/n please
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>1500, varies really from 3-7, so I said on average 5, more than 3 tables, and medium stakes, usually 1/2-3/6 limit along with .50/1 NL/PL games sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but those aren't medium stakes.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 PM

played much more a year ago....poker lost alot of value for me.