Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Mental Problems - Any books or threads suggestions?

I imagine I am not alone in that the weakest part of my game is, as of this second, the mental aspect. I sometimes struggle in keeping focus on the right ideas while I am at the table.

I want to keep my mind focused on picking up reads and considering all variables that need to be considered. However, sometimes I find myself drifting to thinking about:

- How much I am up/down.
- How bad I just got sucked out on.

This sounds like tilt/related issues, but my daydreaming will often-times drift to other issues. It could be ANYTHING.

Perhaps.... I am thinking about what I want to put in my pizza sauce and imagining how good the pizza, itself, will be after this session.
Perhaps.... I am thinking about the Sosa/McGuire home-run race.
Perhaps.... I am thinking about Jessica Alba's hotness(this may be +EV though).

I KNOW these thoughts are -EV and I take responsibility for fixing them. However, I am a book nerd and I was wanting to know if anybody has any favorite books or threads that deal with the mental side of the game. I think this would be a good place to insert any pointers/thoughts that you have that help you keep yourself in the right place.

The general point is that I think I have spent a while getting the strategic concepts of LHE and NLHE under my belt, but now it is time to make everything come full circle and make it so that I am almost always on my A game.