Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
apparently clinton is wearing #21 on sunday and for the rest of the season

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? source?

I'm going to the game on Sunday....should be a very emotional day. Sean Taylor is on my season ticket for this game.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
apparently clinton is wearing #21 on sunday and for the rest of the season

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? source?

I'm going to the game on Sunday....should be a very emotional day. Sean Taylor is on my season ticket for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it on the extremeskins message board they said he said it during a comcast interview over the phone
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone made this douche a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's just Dids! You don't get his sense of humor.

Of course, neither do I. Maybe he's just a douche.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 PM

I still cant believe this
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or Dids was a little less proud, it wouldn't be anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean the thing here is its just this cycle of dids doing something moronic, a bunch of people say its moronic, then he calls ALL of those people stupid/whatever else he feels like using in an attempt to completely deflect the blame. Then he goes "oh man, remember that time you did something moronic? that totally precludes you from calling the moronic thing i just said exactly what it is". The fact that he acts like this every single time he does something stupid is just like "ugh i give up, jesus christ get some [censored] self awareness".

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what it is. The conversation basically went like this:

Dids: Bad comment about a guy who was likely about to die
Everyone: Thats very insensitive at this time.
Dids: You idiots! Can't you see that I'm not emotional like you and since this is the internet you simpletons should be ok with me saying that?!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 PM

"You can't be scared of death," Taylor said. "When that times comes, it comes. I've been blessed. God looked out for me. I'm happy."

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/re...ath_david.html
Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean the thing here is its just this cycle of dids doing something moronic, a bunch of people say its moronic, then he calls ALL of those people stupid/whatever else he feels like using in an attempt to completely deflect the blame. Then he goes "oh man, remember that time you did something moronic? that totally precludes you from calling the moronic thing i just said exactly what it is". The fact that he acts like this every single time he does something stupid is just like "ugh i give up, jesus christ get some [censored] self awareness".

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids: You idiots! Can't you see that I'm not emotional like you and since this is the internet you simpletons should be ok with me saying that?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad a dozen other level headed people came in and pointed this out. I was almost convinced I was wrong...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I won't articulate this well, but I guess two important questions are (1) what is the role and expectations of a 2+2 moderator within his/her forum, and (2) what is the role and expectations of a moderator outside of his/her forum.

I think all 2+2 posters have a responsibility for certain posting protocols, but I would suggest (or at least I believe) that there is probably a higher expectation for moderators to consider the nature, weight, influence, and impact of the comments they make and the positions they take.

I am not going to pass judgement on Dids or any mod, but perhaps there comes point when one needs to recognize that perhaps he/she has become more of a focal point in the thread than the thread topic itself, and that it would be time to throttle back in the interest and spirit of "moderating" the discussion.

As for Sean Taylor, I am sorry for his family, friends and loved ones, and I hope for a day where gun violence in the US can somehow be addressed seriously as a national issue of concern.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 PM

as a target of Dids', I now just assume that any thread he enters is assured of derailing and obnoxious, insensitive postings. The guy is just INCAPABLE of expressing empathy, but I don't really find his posts here that egregious- maybe because I'm so used to them (?).

But yeah, I agree that there needs to be some sort of discussion about mod protocol. Most of the other mods are usually cognizant of their dual roles as poster- mods though, and they do a great job of walking that fine line.

Someone mentioned his girlfriend's "connections"; apparently she's the niece of Andy Garcia. I can't see how that is relevent in any way, except for an fyi.

RIP Sean Taylor.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 PM

I don't frequent Did's forums, I barely knew who he was, so as an outsider it seemed like his first comment's reaction was much to do about nothing and more that people don't like him.