Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Dramatics! Neverwin Stars Busto? Collateral Damage?

Pernicus53 ...

From a man's perspective, this is really easy these days. Nothing seems private ... women walk around showing their breasts, tummies and ass. They don't have to, they just do. So, when I see a woman showing off her breasts, tummy or ass, I am more than glad to take a look. Not my fault. It isn't as if the woman got dressed that morning and said, "I sure hope no one stares at my t!ts today." Rather, as she is plumping them up for maximum exposure she says, "that will give them an eye-full."

Seriously, you don't want people starting at your t!ts don't show them ... there are a ton of blouses that will accommodate that look. If you decide to walk out in public showing your puppies, then don't look at me like I'm some perv ... I am just doing exactly what you wanted me to do when you got dressed this morning. Glad to oblige.

NCAces
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM

For what little it may be worth, I guess I should clarify that I'm a guy. I can't tell, but i think NCAces' response implied he thinks I'm a woman. In my previous post I outlined a line of thought I've heard from women poker players from they're point of view--so when I said "we women" I was paraphrasing what I've heard women say.

Anyway, I think NCAces' post points out the weird, kind of messed up place our society is in about female bodies.

"If you decide to walk out in public showing your puppies, then don't look at me like I'm some perv ..."
Yeah, I've gotten those looks from women showing half their breasts. Yes, it seems hypocritical. It seems like someone who doesn't know what she wants. BUT, to try to be understanding, I'd have to say the question of where that look came from in the first place is important. If she was plumping them up for maximum exposure (which I don't think is as common as you imply, though I've seen it enough, particuarly among college students--I taught English as an adjunct for years and am now a faculty librarian)then why is she giving you that look? Yes, it's a contradiction, and that's what's annoying, but she must be truly uncomfortable, unless we accuse her of giving you that look to disguise the fact she wants you to stare, and I'd be wondering why she'd bother with all the needless shenanigans.

So, my point is, we haven't reached a point where breasts (or the part of the ass that spills out of the Daisy Dukes, or whatever) are thought of like some other body part--calves--forearms. If they were, there'd be no look like you're a perv. She'd realize, readily, you were looking at something she wants to show (have you ever gotten a dirty look for looking at forearms when she was wearing a short-sleeved shirt?) Women seem to want to show skin, perhaps thinking they'll go unnoticed and left behind if they don't, but legitimately uncomfortable when the wrong guy looks at them in the wrong way. A person can say that means X or Y, but for my part, I'm content to continue to puzzle through it and think of it as perhaps a legitimate contradiction--one I hope is resolved at some point. I'm not making an argument that women should do this or men should do that but I think this weird thing America has about women's bodies and sexuality is at the heart of the debate in the last 40-60 posts in this thread. If we had a society in which it was commonplace to have bare breasts and asses on network TV and at least bare breasts at the beach, I doubt we'd be having this conversation. I don't think America is going to move to the burka, so maybe we'll have a more liberated society in 20-50 years, one with less tension.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Don't ever let ANY woman fool you.

If we, as women, go out the house with our "puppies" showing, we WANT you to look at them.

Bottom Line.

T
Old 08-18-2007, 06:34 PM

Interesting post. Thing is the breasts are linked to survival in the brain, mothers milk, etc. Then there's the issue of religion. Basic problem is humans are over-sexed, period. In heat far too often.

So much of the ridiculous dialogue in this forum comes from the fact that men resent needing women biologically. We hate to admit that we are dependent on them. Ultimately, sex and thus males are unnecessary for life to exist, and it will take quite a long time before men will evolve enough psychologically to accept that they are dispensable.

In the meantime, just enjoy the whole thing and laugh.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't ever let ANY woman fool you.

If we, as women, go out the house with our "puppies" showing, we WANT you to look at them.

Bottom Line.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
I've printed this out, have folded it and placed it in my wallet, and will present it when I need to.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimately, sex and thus males are unnecessary for life to exist

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless, of course, you're talking about evolution/creation then um, I think we could use you guys for SOMETHING then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Pernicus: LOL

T
Old 08-18-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark... instead of continuing to trash me here... let's meet up and discuss an agreement about the money

[/ QUOTE ]

tried to text u a while back, pm me ur new number

[/ QUOTE ]

still waiting...
Old 08-19-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark... instead of continuing to trash me here... let's meet up and discuss an agreement about the money

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

still waiting...

[/ QUOTE ]
and wait you must young padowan
Old 08-19-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

still waiting...

[/ QUOTE ]
and wait you must young padowan

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 AM

this thread seems very interesting, but too many words.

cliff notes?