Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: To Catch a Predator, Revisited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting one of these scumbags off the street whether by vigilantie, groups like PJ, or just good old police work should make you feel proud that your children are a bit safer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems a bit dangerous and arbitrary doesn't it. "No equal protection and rights under the law for X cause it's awful".

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an episode of sliders (The best political show of all time) where the court system was changed to a T.V. Show like american idol where people would vote on T.V. for guilty or innocent.

This show allowed the system to earn money from sponsors therefore eliminated the high court costs for charging scum like this guy.

Off all the crimes I can think of under this system older people who sexually abuse 13 year olds would be the only one's guarenteed to be found guilty every time.

I guess it's personal opinion. IF you walk into your parents room and gun them down with a shotgun you can argue there were circumstances. For your crime.

If you rob a bank because your broke and have no food and water you can argue there were circumstances.

If you are 30 and rape a 13 year old and spend all day online trying to have sex with 13 year olds there are no circumstances you deserve death end of story. And if the death penalty is banned in the state then genitals should be removed.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was an episode of sliders (The best political show of all time) where the court system was changed to a T.V. Show like american idol where people would vote on T.V. for guilty or innocent.

This show allowed the system to earn money from sponsors therefore eliminated the high court costs for charging scum like this guy.

Off all the crimes I can think of under this system older people who sexually abuse 13 year olds would be the only one's guarenteed to be found guilty every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Turning trials into ad sponsored popularily contestīs seem like a good way to insure justice. I also like how you completely ignore that people could be innocent of the crime they are charged with.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM

Many/most 13 year old girls have gone through puberty and are ready to start making babies, and are therefore often sexually desirable by men of all ages. In centuries past 13 year olds got married to older guys. Society has changed yes, but it isn't a big deal as some [censored] are making it out to be, certainly not worth of the death penalty.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM

I think this show is awful. People shouldn't be arrested for crimes they might have committed after being coerced into the situation.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting one of these scumbags off the street whether by vigilantie, groups like PJ, or just good old police work should make you feel proud that your children are a bit safer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems a bit dangerous and arbitrary doesn't it. "No equal protection and rights under the law for X cause it's awful".

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

The line between cop and criminal is razor thin. I'm not sure there is a line between PJ and criminals.

You read the Smoking gun report?
Old 06-14-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

The line between cop and criminal is razor thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite clear. One has a badge issued by state bureaucrats, the other does not.

Aside, Law and Order: SVU is my favorite for illustrating this principle (much moreso than the other Lawn Order franchises), even though I think the writers are doing it unintentionally. Criminal Minds is another good one.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every single one of these guys should be put away for life

[/ QUOTE ]
They should be put away for life or killed for talking dirty to an adult online?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They should be put away for life or killed for talking dirty to an adult online?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep twisting the truth I'm making a database for PJ on 2+2 posters who support child molestation
Old 06-15-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep twisting the truth I'm making a database for PJ on 2+2 posters who support child molestation

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Normally I'd file this sort of BS under "intellectual dishonesty" but I'm not sure that's the right term in your case.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the NBC crews were working with the police from the beginning there might be entrapment problems. Also the credibility of any NBC witnesses or materials would be pretty terrible, given the sleaziness of the program and their incentive to sensationalize things.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting this thread is going on the same time as i brought this issue up in OOT. In fact, this thread appears to be older.

Just think its interesting that many people independently came to this conclusion.