Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Fourway pot make 875 on turn OOP (2-7)

UTG is ultra spot. UTG1 is thinking player but he thinks very oddly most of the time, his signature move is raise in position when he catches up to you and is still drawing, he goes really nuts with it. BB is very solid.

UTG limps, UTG1 raises, two folds, Hero 3bets with 2347K, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG1 calls.

I take 1, BB takes 2, UTG takes 3, UTG1 takes 2.

I catch 2457J and lead out, 3 calls.

I draw 1, everyone else draws 2.

I make 24578 and bet, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG1 raises....

He could still be drawing although he may raise with up to a T here, definitely with a 9 or worse 8. I'm pretty sure of this although Dustin might know otherwise.

So what's your plan here, stick your neck out with a 3bet, break, or smoothcall and rap pat?
Old 09-01-2006, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Fourway pot make 875 on turn OOP (2-7)

[ QUOTE ]
UTG1 is thinking player but he thinks very oddly most of the time, his signature move is raise in position when he catches up to you and is still drawing, he goes really nuts with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy 3bet. You're ahead here so often it's ridiculous.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

He could still be drawing although he may raise with up to a T here, definitely with a 9 or worse 8. I'm pretty sure of this although Dustin might know otherwise.

So what's your plan here, stick your neck out with a 3bet, break, or smoothcall and rap pat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I wanted to post about this hand since I found myself in the horrible position of drawing 2 on the turn after getting strung along for two bets. You have to 3-bet him after he draws two. You have him beat most of the time here, and you need to try and drive out utg and myself. (Which a 3 bet certainly would have done for me at least)

So, we know about your play- but how about mine? I called on the turn figuring I would be getting 10-1 to call and draw 2- obviously praying it didnt get raised behind me. Given that I am far from closing the action, is this too loose? River seems pretty standard- I catch pretty close to perfect and know I have Dibbs beat- nobody checks #10 with one player you know is paying you off even with 2 people drawing one behind you, right?

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: 4296934-6187
Level: $2/$4
Players:
MP($160) seat 0
CO($188) seat 1
Button($147) seat 2
SB($189) seat 3
Hero($206) seat 4
UTG($85) seat 5

Button at seat 2

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG calls. MP raises. CO
folds. Button folds. SB re-raises. Hero calls. UTG calls. MP
calls. SB takes 1. Hero takes 2. undefined. MP takes 2.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Round 2(4.75BB)

SB bets. Hero calls. UTG calls. MP calls. SB takes 1. Hero takes 2. undefined. MP takes 2.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 3(6.75BB)

SB bets. Hero calls. UTG calls. MP raises. SB calls. Hero
calls
. UTG calls. SB stands pat. Hero takes 2. undefined. MP takes 1.

Hand: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Round 4(14.75BB)

SB checks. Hero bets. UTG
calls. MP raises. SB folds. Hero calls. UTG folds.

Showdown:
<font color="white">MP shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero mucks 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font>
Old 09-01-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is ultra spot. UTG1 is thinking player but he thinks very oddly most of the time, his signature move is raise in position when he catches up to you and is still drawing, he goes really nuts with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the thread on relative position a few weeks ago, UTG+1 is the player I described HERE. I am glad to see him back, even if he makes this high variance game even higher with his crazy plays.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:35 AM

DustinG:

I think your play was really bad here, its outright fishy.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2006, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DustinG:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been operating under the assumption that if I am getting around 10:1, have no reason to think anyone is pat, and am drawing to the nuts- then it is ok to draw 2 on the last draw. I suppose the problem here is that I am only getting 10:1 if the two players behind me called and didn't raise- this seems reasonable even if UTG+1 is loose/nutty. But I suppose it is still too much of a parlay to make that call in that spot. I stand by my river play. Fortunately these situations don't come up very often at all.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:52 AM

how did you get two new cards when you drew one in the first round?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DustinG:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been operating under the assumption that if I am getting around 10:1, have no reason to think anyone is pat, and am drawing to the nuts- then it is ok to draw 2 on the last draw. I suppose the problem here is that I am only getting 10:1 if the two players behind me called and didn't raise- this seems reasonable even if UTG+1 is loose/nutty. But I suppose it is still too much of a parlay to make that call in that spot. I stand by my river play. Fortunately these situations don't come up very often at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Round 3(6.75BB)

SB bets. Hero calls. - your getting 7.75:1 and you are not closing the action, its a bad example I'm afraid. Caveat that I'm not home, I'm hung over, and I don't remember my odds chart at the moment because I haven't played TD in 60 days (except last nights drunken live game at the Wynn) but I'm pretty sure that you don't have the right odds and even if you did you know that you are way behind and you are not closing the action which makes the play fishy.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how did you get two new cards when you drew one in the first round?

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Oops, typo, I had 2357K on first round and made a 23578.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Round 3(6.75BB)

SB bets. Hero calls. - your getting 7.75:1 and you are not closing the action

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it makes too much of a difference, but the converter has failed to add this pot up properly. Predraw we went 3 bets 4 ways- 3x2x4=24. Another 4 small bets on the flop means the pot is 32 minus the rake, which I think is $2. So there should be 7.5 bets in the pot. So, like I said, not that it makes too much of a difference but perhaps it is enough to upgrade my play from downright fishy, to just plain bad. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No TD in 60 days!?!? I think I'd have to start robbing banks or skying diving if I went 60 days.