Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Default JJ faced a push on a very dry board with no overcards - 2/4NL

don't know much about villian, but he seems a solid aggresive player, a hand before that hand i had aces, on 256ss8 board, i double barrel him and he snap called me, i was out of position and checked the river, he just check the K on the river and showed 99.
in this hand there is a poster MP who post a BB and SB, he is a fish and like 15 hands before there was a same situation when the villian tries to isolate/steal from the fish, who called, and i squeezed with nothing and they both folded.
so again he raises 5 BB from UTG the fish calls and i squeeze but that time with JJ (1 hand after the AA hand), and he just calls, fish folds. me and the villian are 135 BB deep.i'v been pretty active at the table and showed pretty wide range of pre-flop raising.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $954.30
MP: $200
Hero (CO): $556.45
BTN: $1154.85
SB: $837.25
BB: $356.15

Pre-Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG raises to $20, MP calls, Hero raises to $89, UTG calls, MP folds

Flop: ($206) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $156, UTG raises to $863.30 and is all-in, Hero ?

he took some of the time bank and then shoved. i have $300 behind.

i'm facing many situations like this, recently, when my 3 bets getting shoved on flops like that, don't sure how to adjust to it. i'll be glad to hear what u think about that specific situation, pre-flop and post-flop action, and also in general about these type of situations.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: JJ faced a push on a very dry board with no overcards - 2/4NL

OK solid tag player utg flat calls a reraise and check raises a 973 flop. feels like AA or KK to me pop ur cards in the muck and move onto the next hand
Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: JJ faced a push on a very dry board with no overcards - 2/4NL

That exactly what i thought, does it became so typical line for AA/KK that you are just folding to a push by a TAG in this spot ?