Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Mayweather\'s \'comeback\'

Floyd Mayweather will come out of retirement to fight Ricky Hatton. http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=As...o&type=lgns

Personally, I am looking forward to this fight much more then the Oscar one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Mayweather\'s \'comeback\'

lol at him ever retiring, the guy puts on staged trash talking to get him 2 fight to try and get people interested in the fight to make more $$$
Old 07-28-2007, 01:46 PM

This fight is very intriguing because of the undefeated records...Also, boxing is a complete show (ex. fights at the weigh in, bs trash talking etc.) but I love it and tahts a big reason why it still has a credible fan base...It juices up the matches and creates a percieved hatred btwn the fighters (WWE much?)...

Anyways, hopefully this fight will be more exciting than the oscar fight (besides the last 10 seconds LOL)
Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, hopefully this fight will be more exciting than the oscar fight (besides the last 10 seconds LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad the one fighting isn't the one that initiated the action in the Oscar fight. I have no desire to see Mayweather fight again after that.

b
Old 07-28-2007, 02:56 PM

The prefight for this is going to be good. Hatton is pretty amusing and Flloyd plays his part well.

The fight I dont think is going to be good at all. Unless Hatton can somehow grab or corner Floyd and land a big hook (espec to body) a couple times, I think its the Baldomir fight again. Lots of sticking and moving from Floyd.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad the one fighting isn't the one that initiated the action in the Oscar fight. I have no desire to see Mayweather fight again after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed watching Mayweather completely outbox De La Hoya. To each his own, I guess.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This fight is very intriguing because of the undefeated records...Also, boxing is a complete show (ex. fights at the weigh in, bs trash talking etc.) but I love it and tahts a big reason why it still has a credible fan base...It juices up the matches and creates a percieved hatred btwn the fighters (WWE much?)...

[/ QUOTE ]
While this is true most of the time, the drama is real rather often.

With that said, I'm SO PUMPED for this fight. I don't really care who wins(although I think if PBF loses, he might feel he has something to prove, and may fight more big names...which would be awesome) I just want a good fight.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:07 PM

Please let this happen, obv would want Hatton to win
Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 PM

Not sure I would ever want to watch Mayweather "fight" again after watching him and De La Hoya go at it. Throw two punches wildy, duck around, run away, throw two punches wildly, repeat for the whole match. Maybe that is "outboxing" or whatever you want to call it, but it sure was boring to watch him refuse to really ever go at it.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Wildly? He threw less punches than DLH, and not only landed a high percentage, but landed more punches total. Dude picked apart DLH.