Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 AM

Default Censorship in american TV, WTF?!

I just watched the latast episode of Hell's Kitchen. I don't think I ever seen so much censored material ever in a show. They beeped all the "f*ck" and they blured when someone showed the finger several times. Ofcource they even blured/taped over the label of beerbottles. Then came the most supprising, they even blured the clevage of a woman having a bikini top! I mean what the hell... What is next? No bare legs? No lipstick? I actually laughed at it because it was so ridiculus.

Censorship is always the first step to total control. This is how North Korea for example work. The "free" world is becomming less "free" for every day.

Edit: Also look at shows like Mythbusters where they also started to censor how they solve the myths now! If it is too dangerous to show, then don't even bother taping it... It is not like those who are not intrested will not find out anyways...
Old 07-18-2006, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Censorship in american TV, WTF?!

who cares?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 AM

They blur the beer labels because the beer company didn't pay for product placement/advertising. Could also be a copyright thing, I'm not sure.

The rest of that is to avoid getting nailed by very vague FCC regulations on obscenity that carry fines of like 500k/violation.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people do, not everyone is like you.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They blur the beer labels because the beer company didn't pay for product placement/advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I realize that. But should it be that way? I mean one brand label is shown for a few seconds and they bring out the blur beacuse they did not pay for it? Do we want programs full of beeps, blurs and tape overs? Tv is hardly watchable any more...
Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They blur the beer labels because the beer company didn't pay for product placement/advertising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I realize that. But should it be that way? I mean one brand label is shown for a few seconds and they bring out the blur beacuse they did not pay for it? Do we want programs full of beeps, blurs and tape overs? Tv is hardly watchable any more...

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize it's [censored], but that's what American television, and the American way of life in general, have become. As George Carlin said, you don't get what you pay for anymore. You get what they feel like giving you. The only thing you can do about it is to stop watching and stop buying.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Censorship is always the first step to total control. This is how North Korea for example work. The "free" world is becomming less "free" for every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being ridiculous. There is far less censorship on American TV than ever before.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being ridiculous. There is far less censorship on American TV than ever before.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long there is censorship at all, it is not good enough. Saying something "was worse before" does not change the fact that it is good ok now.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Network TV standards & practices (the "censors") have been loosening their broadcast requirements for years now amd has fairly relaxed standards today (especially, as Dynasty mentioned, compared to prior years). It's a relative issue, not an absolute one, and it's a much less censorious environment today.

Also, do you watch Cable TV or Premium pay stations? WTF.

Anyway, if you're so terrified about your rights to freedom being impinged on move to another country and see how things work out for you. Your OP is bordering on ludicrous.

-Al
Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, if you're so terrified about your rights to freedom being impinged on move to another country and see how things work out for you. Your OP is bordering on ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a twist, I do not even live in the US. YOU should try moving to another country to see how much LESS censorship there is. From all tv shows I ever watched, the ones from the US are the most cencored! Open your eyes ffs.