Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 AM

Default 22$: bubble against weak minraiser - lets get involved!

Villian is playing pretyy bad, and it quickly became apperant that he dosen't know a whole lot about optimal bubble strategy (missing pushes, minraising with stuff like Q7, and repushing with JT with 7-8 bb and no FE).
last couple of orbits he has minraised everything folded to him. He has a really hard time folding ANYTHING preflop, but seems to slow down post flop is he dosen't hit.
Here is the hand in question:

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB (t2855)
Hero (t3730)
UTG (t4620)
Button (t2295)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], J[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]1 fold</font>, [color=Red]Button raises to t600</font>, [color=Gray]1 fold</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t1350) 3[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], 2[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]Hero bets t600</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: t1950

I think that pf is really standard against this kind of opponent, I am more interersted in how to proceed on the flop. My plan was to pretty much bet out 600 on almost any flop, hoping to maximize my FE against him while still being able to fold if he shoves and have a avg. stack

Do you like the flopbet on this board, and what textures should I deviate from my c-bet plan?