Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 11:18 AM

Default super lame...embarassed to post...WPT poker game

so, i take $300 to my local poker room only to find out it's closed on mondays(just happened to have never gone that day). so i'm on my way back and stop by best buy. i just recently graduated college and started working an 8-5 to support my gambling habbits. anyway, i feel like buying some random crap, so out of morbid curiousity, i pick up the WPT poker game for PS2. i mean, what the hell, i don't feel like playing online, i'm bored, and i've just been curious, plus it's only $20. pop it in the ps2 and holy crap....WORST GAME EVER. i mean, i guess they made the game for 8-year-olds dude. it takes forever to load every time you do anything, the dealer takes forever to deal the cards, the sounds and graphics are lame. the tables are 6-handed. i cannot find one single good thing about this game. i guess not hating it might have been asking too much. am i the only 2+2er that has spent any money on any of these games? probably so.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Default Re: super lame...embarassed to post...WPT poker game

Dude, you might have a poker addiction problem if you need to buy a poker video game when no other options are available.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:24 AM

I had a poker game for my pc in my hands, and on my way to the checkout before I stopped and said, "WTF", "I mean WTF am I thinking?". I set it down, and walked out of the store shaking my head.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a poker game for my pc in my hands, and on my way to the checkout before I stopped and said, "WTF", "I mean WTF am I thinking?". I set it down, and walked out of the store shaking my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i might have walked out of the store shaking my head as well. i got what i deserved though. like that feeling you get after tossing in a call, and the villain flips over quad 2's
Old 02-21-2006, 12:36 PM

no, you aren't the only one one of my buddies on here who i won't name bought that game. It sucks, big time.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:39 PM

I don't understand th OP. Why not just play online? Why would anyone play poker with no stakes, that's not poker. You coulda sent me that $20 on stars and it would have been putting it to better use.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:46 PM

well, i didn't feel like playing for minimal stakes online. here's the thing, in a video game, you could be playing w/AI that theoretically could be playing sound poker vs. if you played w/other live people and fake money. so, you're the only one in the game that sees it as fake money, and if you want to try and win, you could also play good poker. these were all possibilities in my head, and like i said, i was just curious what it was going to be like. unfortunately, none of this panned out, as the gameplay makes you want to punch yourself in the face for buying the game.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:30 PM

You should try the WSOP game. Probably some of THE WORST POKER AI ever. All you gotta do to take the pot away is bet $1 more than twice the pot. The computer will lay down everything but the absolute unbreakable nuts. So basically play goes like this:
OP: 72o raise 4xBB
call, call, call.
Pot ~16BB
Flop: OP bets 33BB.
fold, call, call.
Turn: OP bets 67BB.
fold, call.
River: OP bets 135BB.
fold.

Wow...I win again...for the 8th straight hand...hard to believe I'm not playing the main event this year...I would own 99% of those people...

Ironically if you push all in the first hand you will get called by trash a lot of times...A couple times I started off with KK and AA, shoved, and got called by K9o and Q8s, lost both times.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM

I would have kicked you in the nuts for free and saved you $20.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 PM

a winning player would never buy a poker computer game.

you should have spent that $20 on a poker book