Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Sun Poker Promotion takes away 50,000 halfway through.

If anyone hasn't heard about the sunpoker promotion that has been running all the details are listed here. www.onesickpromo.com.

Around 3 months ago I started participating in this promotion with the goal of getting in the top five. At that time the top prize was staying in a mansion and taking a private jet out to vegas. The first place package was worth $50K and the 5th place package was worth $47K. Three months into it they emailed the top players and asked them if they would rather have cash than the mansion and jet. Since I was in 4th they asked me and I said I was open but was interested in the mansion. They later emailed and said that some people wanted money so thats what they decided to do, didn't really give any number of votes or anything. Which is fine, not a big deal if they just want to give equivalent cash. But instead of equivalent they take away 10K from each of the top 5 spots. This is halway through the promotion where all of us have already been going pretty hardcore on this promotion. So now first is worth $40K and 5th is $37K. They emailed me and asked how all of that looked and I told them that the top spots should each get 10K more but nothing really happened.

Once again I'm disappointed in another poker site. Seems like every site out there is yanking players around left and right, getting so tired of it.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Sun Poker Promotion takes away 50,000 halfway through.

Not sure what happens there but perhaps a few prices was sponsored, and in cash they dont want spend more than before.
But 40-50K should not ne a big deal for sun to pay, many sites seems to stop giving money away.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 PM

You are lucky that they give you anything.
In September they had a promotion thru an affiliate, when you rake $300 you get entered in a 3k freeroll, just a few people qualified, then they dumped the US and just one Canadien was elegible for the 3k freeroll.
So they just cancelled everything an kept the 3k.
btw. they held the money from US players six weeks hostage.

The name says everything SICK PROMO
Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Interesting, I didn't know about that.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Take the cash and be happy. You may have gotten really sick soon and end up in 6th place.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 PM

hey, im currently 6th in the promotion and i said id rather have mansion.

I said that it wasn't good to take the money off, he said the jet was actually cheaper than expected but they will add in a few extras.

To be honest I don't really have the desire to go to Vegas anymore and am trying to get WPT packagtee instead.

Matt