Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Why Is AC/Libertarianism So Bothersome?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You completely missed it, again. The point was the human condition itself - and the primal, underlying neurosis.

I never suggested that state government (or any form of government, from AC perfection to representational democracy) should be a substitute of the primal family, or act as a soothing remedy to the human condition. I humbly point out the need to address that condition head on.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view the best way to deal with neuroses, is to recognize them and strive to eliminate or reduce them internally.

The remedy for a neurosis is not to strive to bring the outside world into conformation with the neurosis, but rather to look inward and attack the root of the problem. Since neuroses are inherently insatiable, only the latter course of action holds any promise or potential of real success. All attempts to bring the outside world into conformation with a neurosis are doomed to failure (and will probably create other problems as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to our world.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You completely missed it, again. The point was the human condition itself - and the primal, underlying neurosis.

I never suggested that state government (or any form of government, from AC perfection to representational democracy) should be a substitute of the primal family, or act as a soothing remedy to the human condition. I humbly point out the need to address that condition head on.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view the best way to deal with neuroses, is to recognize them and strive to eliminate or reduce them internally.

The remedy for a neurosis is not to strive to bring the outside world into conformation with the neurosis, but rather to look inward and attack the root of the problem. Since neuroses are inherently insatiable, only the latter course of action holds any promise or potential of real success. All attempts to bring the outside world into conformation with a neurosis are doomed to failure (and will probably create other problems as well).

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-06-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And of course you're a neutral party here to make that decision...NOT.

Too ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Nice catch-22 you've set up. People who disagree with you can't criticize your debating ability beause they disagree with you (and are therefore biased), but people who agree with you won't criticize you because it would expose their own position as illogical and indefensible.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:37 AM

Default For Heroes

[ QUOTE ]
The remedy for a neurosis is not to strive to bring the outside world into conformation with the neurosis, but rather to look inward and attack the root of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree, of course.

[ QUOTE ]
All attempts to bring the outside world into conformation with a neurosis are doomed to failure (and will probably create other problems as well).

[/ QUOTE ]The issue is not the peripheral neuroses of individuals but the main, underlying (and essentially "incurable") neurosis resulting from Man's deeply held denial of inescapable mortality. The cognitive sciences working on this issue (the all-important issue for Man, without a doubt) would never suggest conforming the world to this Ur-angst.

But, as soon as we understand, we need also to accept -- which is as good a "confrontation" as we can get. A Herculean task, in any case.

Mickey Brausch
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Sorry, Shake

You're a cool guy despite your debating style. I shouldn't have blown up. Maybe this message will somehow reach you from Ignoresville. My apologies.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Sorry, Shake

[ QUOTE ]
You're a cool guy despite your debating style. I shouldn't have blown up. Maybe this message will somehow reach you from Ignoresville. My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shake ^