Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: July Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't play sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a winner in 20/40, 40/80, 60/120 and 100/200. I clearly need to play 200/400 now.

[/ QUOTE ]

gamboooooooooool
Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM

WHY WON'T CRAZY MIKE LOSE

So after getting home from my healthy degen session at Ocean's yesterday at like 9 am or whatever while sitting in my car in front of my house and before making the post in here yesterday I called Crazy Mike. We agreed we'd play again yesterday and he said to call at 6. Naturally I turn my phone off so I won't have to hear it ring when he calls at 6, because at 9am after being awake 10 billion hours I need more than 9 hours of sleep or whatever it is. I wake up and call him at 8:30 and tell him I'll call when I'm leaving. At before 10 I'm at Viejas and he meets me. We are informed that we will be charged $30 time per person per down plus what we tip the dealer which is a "suggested" (aka mandatory) $10 per person. Previously we were paying $8 per person per down and the same tip. So they're trying to charge us an additional $22 per down each. We respond by cashing out our chips, using up the comps we got last time and then driving to Sycuan.

After a wacky adventure to get chips and waiting for a dealer we start playing. It is a continuation of our previous freezeout so I had $9600 to start and he has 10k basically. I lose about a rack at first because Crazy Mike flops top pair every hand he plays and generally just runs like you wouldn't believe. He continues to flop top pair every hand for a while, however some of my draws miraculously hit and he finds himself down to almost feltski, aka stuck about 6500-7k. Then things are back to normal and he wins every pot for about 2 hours, bringing me to the brink of annihilation and about 2500. By the time his girlfriend shows up to sweat him for good luck he has lost about 1500 back to me. Things pick up speed and then I have 6k in front of me again. Slowly but surely I regain my dollars, so I am no longer in imminent danger of gambling until my last dollar is gone. At 9:30 Mike has a 2500 in chips or less in front of him (which means I have roughly 7500) and states we are taking a break from the freezeout at 10:30 or when he loses the remaining 2500. At 10:23 I have $9600 in green chips and Mike has only a pile of my $4300 and a pink Commerce chip and I drive back home and then sit down and post this. I guess we played about 10 hours or so HU tonight. Live HU is actually quite fun but it would be really nice if he'd just lose his money and I could have this be over with because I need to win some easier money somewhere else eventually.

So at the moment I guess it is $9600 to $9300 with me barely "winner" if we can call it that considering we've incinerated so much on the rake.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm pretty sure Crazy Mike's style just makes it seem like he runs really good, because every single time anyone plays him HU they talk about how hot he ran and how he makes a pair every single hand.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Why is everyone visting Commerce we don't need anymore good players!

Well add me to the "doing good list" up 3k for the week.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I counted about 2,650 2+2 at Commerce today. Aiyyaaa

[/ QUOTE ]

i was talking about this with mike. next time we find a place like this we're keeping it to ourselves.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Crazy Mike's style just makes it seem like he runs really good, because every single time anyone plays him HU they talk about how hot he ran and how he makes a pair every single hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already taken this into consideration and wondered whether I am imagining it or getting outplayed. The fact still stands that at showdown almost every time I have middle pair or a pocket pair above middle pair but below top pair he has top pair. This means he is either folding his flopped pairs below top pair or he just flops top pair every hand. He finds himself on top of the minicoolers of HU LHE so retardedly often that it's insane.

Also here is a great hand we played last night where after hours of his annoying banter he just sat there silently, finally realizing that he will not beat me in the long run. Leading up to this hand I had bluffed him out of like 98730187205123512 pots and kept showing 1 card. Apparently he didn't believe I was really bluffing and demanded that next time I show both or he would grab the other one and turn it face up. Then this happens:

He raises preflop and I call with Ts3s. We both check 459 two clubs flop. I bet the 5 turn. I c/r the 5 river. He gives a speech about how his 4 isn't good before folding. I show. He is very happy.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:12 AM

So sup guys, I'm in Vegas for the next four days... what should I do?!?* (also, what's up with the bellagio charging me for internet... totally weaksauce) Also, so I get on a waiting list at Bellagio and they pencil me in, where am I supposed to wait? I can't imagine they can contact me from more than like 10 feet away.

*I'm not planning on playing higher than 500 buy-in NL or 20/40 limit.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:46 AM

Woke up at like 9, showered, got in the car to go play 40 at Ocean's. Sitting in the garage I call them. There is not a 40 game going. Been awake an hour and the bad beats of life are already bombarding me. Log on to Stars and see absolutely nothing at 30/60 going that I want to play. There is a pretty decent looking 1/2 Stud 8 going but I stop myself from sitting because I have like 100 bets for it online and opt to just play like every table of 10/20 Stud hi, Stud 8 and Omaha I can. So now I'm sitting typing this up while EVERY [censored] TWO SECONDS MY TABLES START TO BLINK BECAUSE I BRING IN AT ALL 3 OF MY STUD TABLES EVERY [censored] HAND.

I also just folded 467 in first position in Stud 8 because I'm playing too many [censored] tables of too many different games and forgot it was Stud 8 and not Hi. Then I folded trips on the river in Stud hi when my straight/flush draw missed because the guy with AKJT board kept betting and someone called so surely they had to have a straight themselves. Of course the broadway board had AKJT9 high and the other dude had a pair of Jacks and I folded the best hand in like a 13 bet pot.

And why don't people self destruct like this when I have something here, which is like a ton of the time?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (3.40 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.40 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets $19.75 and is all-in

River - (7.38 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (7.38 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $147.50 | Rake $2

Hero: [2h Th As 5c 3d Jh Ts] (HI: a pair of Tens)

Seat 3: [Qc 6d Qs 4s Qh 4h 7d] (HI: a full house, Queens full of Fours)

</font>
Old 07-23-2007, 04:32 AM

Help start the 20-40 game at the Mirage. It's more comfortable + just the limit you want to play + Cali Pizza Kitchen comps.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:57 AM

Am I ever going to win another [censored] hand of any kind of poker? Managed to lose 30 bets in 10/20 playing 3 different games with a general theme of never getting there and them always getting there when I already had something. After being awake for about 5 hours I see clearly that I just need to go back to sleep.
Closed Thread