Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Default How do you exploit this kind of player?

I have been making a lot of thinking about poker and villains I played, and it occured to me that some obviously flawed strategies are still hard to exploit if you have no idea.

So I will make posts and give reads on villains that I make during sessions and ask what p2pers think is the best way to play against them, in their opinion and/or experience.

Villain 101

- Single tabling, and very probably watching.
- Involves in a lot of hands pf passively (>50 Vpip, <15% pfr)
- Passive on the flop and probably on the turn, but makes daring river bluffs, sometimes more than the pot.
- Has a polarized range when he goes all in on the river, otherwise just calls.
- Usually never folds to a cont bet. Might reraise flop with medium strength hands, and calls with a polarized range.
- Wary of people who understand how he plays, and when somebody mentions something in chat, checks the nuts to him on the river, or doesn't cont bet him ever, he adjuss, but can still make a big bluff after just checking some rivers with air.
- Almost never folds to a check raise, but usually moves in when he bets anyway.
- Probably reads hands slightly better than the hero, since he is single tabling and also probably has more experience.
- Doesn't know pot odds, can take some pots personally, even sometimes chatting a lot.
- Doesn't reload, can go out with K2 all in on his last 20 blinds.

Those are based on my notes on many, many similar villains. I tried to generalize as best as I could, and you can add "tags" to him.

What kind of basic AND advanced strategy do you use/think you should use against a similar villain.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: How do you exploit this kind of player?

ill just start from top to bottom and see where it ends up

-iso him when he limps
-call river more against him
-figure out the polarized range and call when youre ahead of it
-dont c-bet against him
-slap whoever is saying that stuff about it, and readjust to hsi adjustments
-check/raise only with big hands
-make big bets when you think hes on a draw

its easy to recognize what you need to do to readjust, the hard part is recognizing all the spots to apply the readjustments
Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM

Cool tactic i like to use, is when someone tight reraises, just flat call with ATC. You can usually put them on AA/KK/QQ so if you hit the flop anything that beats these hands, it is very easy to get your money all in. if the preflop is costing you less than 100bb, you only have to hit a better hand once every 10 hands to show profit.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool tactic i like to use, is when someone tight reraises, just flat call with ATC. You can usually put them on AA/KK/QQ so if you hit the flop anything that beats these hands, it is very easy to get your money all in. if the preflop is costing you less than 100bb, you only have to hit a better hand once every 10 hands to show profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume you mean 10bbs not 100bbs right? anyway...how often are you going to hit a FLOP where you are ahead of aa kk qq with atc? probably not 1 in 10. but regardless....how could a raise + a reraise cost less than 10bbs pf?
Closed Thread