Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker
Default 10-25 Foxwoods Flopped trips deep vs Frankie Flowers

Loose game i just moved to FF's left, he was relatively new to the game and playing avg

to the hand i have 5k and both villians will cover

LMP opens 100, frankie calls in the CO, i call AsJs OTB, one blind comes along

Flop AdAc6d

LMP bets 200 and frankie does the quick glance at his stack and look right back up like it did'nt happen thing
FF calls, i make it 700, LMP folds quick and frankie calls with little deliberation

Turn 8c
FF checks quick, there is 2k in the pot and i have 4.2 left to get value, i do not think frankie has an ace.

This was my first time playing with frankie, i'll say that if this happened near the end of my session vs beginning i would have taken a diff line.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: 10-25 Foxwoods Flopped trips deep vs Frankie Flowers

Having trouble figuring out what to do with the other 80% of your stack.. big surprise..
Old 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This was my first time playing with frankie, i'll say that if this happened near the end of my session vs beginning i would have taken a diff line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you went for pot control? from what i remember of FF's play back in my Foxwoods days is accurate, he's an action junkie calling station that plays like his goal is to light money on fire so i'd just bet and then bet again.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you went for pot control? from what i remember of FF's play back in my Foxwoods days is accurate, he's an action junkie calling station that plays like his goal is to light money on fire so i'd just bet and then bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I played with frankie in vegas and although he was a little on theloose side pf he was playing pretty straightforwardly postflop. a little like a cs but not aggressive at all
Old 10-29-2007, 12:46 AM

bet/shove river looks good to me.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I played with frankie in vegas and although he was a little on theloose side pf he was playing pretty straightforwardly postflop. a little like a cs but not aggressive at all

[/ QUOTE ]

well this was 3 years ago but he just way overplayed everything, tried running huge unrealistic bluffs, and really didn't seem to care about the money at all.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

well this was 3 years ago but he just way overplayed everything, tried running huge unrealistic bluffs, and really didn't seem to care about the money at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
this i agree with
Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 AM

He clearly has 5d2d
Old 10-29-2007, 02:39 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
Having trouble figuring out what to do with the other 80% of your stack.. big surprise..

[/ QUOTE ] seriously i haven't shorted more than 200-300 hands in like 4-5 months. I made a lot of money from it, it's old.

i figured my lines were check behind so frankie can convince himself i have a flush draw or bet like 1200-1500.

i checked the turn back because i thought he'd bet about that much on the river with his whole range. but the river paired 6's he bet out 600 and i just called. Frankie shoved his cards into the muck immediately so what draw he had is a mystery.

anyone who knows franky well, does he just not make a big bet here on the river with a busted draw, even if it doesn't pair the board?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 AM

bet the turn man, frankie prolly calls the turn with a fd a lot of the time...(yes, he is that bad. especially against ppl he doesn't know). he gives me "respect" which means he might fold a bare fd on the turn or like a 6 or some pp, but against randoms he doesn't like to fold much. value town him 3 streets