Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Standard Line for TPNK Multiway

It seems this situation occurs quite a bit. Say you are sitting in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and MP and CO limp. You complete, and the flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Seems like a harmless flop, no draws or anything. I find myself leading this flop, but we are OOP, easily dominated, and our hand is marginal at best.

Is check/call better? How much are we willing to call if we do check the flop? Check/fold seems a little weak. Then again, betting into 2 or 3 villains doesn't seem +EV either.

For those that lean towards leading this flop, what is our plan on the turn if we get one caller and turn is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I assume checking the turn would be best in this situation, but how big of a bet are we calling, if we are calling on the turn at all?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Standard Line for TPNK Multiway

I read somewhere that a good line is to check/call the flop if no one else calls and then lead the turn and river for 1/2 pot bets, folding to any resistance.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 PM

check call flop.
lead turn.

im fine letting it go on river.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 PM

If someone besides last position bets this is an easy fold.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems this situation occurs quite a bit. Say you are sitting in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and MP and CO limp. You complete, and the flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Seems like a harmless flop, no draws or anything. I find myself leading this flop, but we are OOP, easily dominated, and our hand is marginal at best.

Is check/call better? How much are we willing to call if we do check the flop? Check/fold seems a little weak. Then again, betting into 2 or 3 villains doesn't seem +EV either.

For those that lean towards leading this flop, what is our plan on the turn if we get one caller and turn is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I assume checking the turn would be best in this situation, but how big of a bet are we calling, if we are calling on the turn at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to second this and ask what about a board that has a draw on it ie. two to a straight or flush? Then if we check call we are giving worse hands a chance to catch up by taking a free card. Is this ok?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:46 PM

I fold that pre-flop :\
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold that pre-flop :\

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with two limpers? Nit! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that a good line is to check/call the flop if no one else calls and then lead the turn and river for 1/2 pot bets, folding to any resistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line.